Sign in to follow this  
cartier90

Wheels 'pop' on the HMMVE ?

I thought the HMMVE was bullet resistant to rifle rounds, as for the tyres, a few shots and their flat, no run flats. There does not appear to be a troop carrying varient. Can fit 7 troops into the light OPFOR 4*4 (forgot name).

With most of your questions I suspect you never drove a hmmve before

First off, the tires are not bullet proof, they are bullet resistant. They are also flat resistant. here is a picture of a hummve tire. However, in game, you will notice the tire isnt flat when you shoot it, bust pretty much it is destroyed.

Also, the hmmve is bullet resistant yes... but bullet resistant isnt that effective to be honest. It means it can take 1-3 bullets, which is hard to simulate on the ArmA 2 engine im guessing because 1 bullete does indeed go through and kill people way too easy.

As for the troop carrier varient, the hmmve is not a "troop carrier" persay, it holds roughly 4-5 troops just like in game. You need to remember a soldier also needs to carry his gear as well...

Fair one, not trying to be antagonistic, I just assumed the HMMVE would be like the OFP one, which I recall being 'bulletproof'.

In Arma 2, only the humvee with the m240 (the one with the gunshield) is uparmored. The others ingame are unarmored. The tires can take quite a few hits before being completely destroyed, and you can drive on them when they're partly deflated--so they have modelled the runflat tires Humvees use in real life. Compare the humvees' tires to the civie pickup--the pickup tires can only take a couple hits before being destroyed. I think they actually did a much better job at tire damage in Arma 2 than in the last two games.

Edited by Xenios

In Arma 2, only the humvee with the m240 (the one with the gunshield) is uparmored. The others ingame are unarmored. The tires can take quite a few hits before being completely destroyed, and you can drive on them when they're partly deflated--so they have modelled the runflat tires Humvees use in real life. Compare the humvees' tires to the civie pickup--the pickup tires can only take a couple hits before being destroyed. I think they actually did a much better job at tire damage in Arma 2 than in the last two games.

My only real biff with the damage in this game is windows... I wish they would add some form of balistic protection to the windows to withstand a shot or two before breaking and killing people..

Picture of one shot.

Il have to wait for addons. Anyone know when they will be available ?, ones that drag and drop straight into addons without mucking around with making them compatible .

My only real biff with the damage in this game is windows... I wish they would add some form of balistic protection to the windows to withstand a shot or two before breaking and killing people..

Picture of one shot.

Yeah I noticed this, it's dumb. You can kill a pilot through an armored cockpit window using the 9mm Beretta.

I've never liked how vulnerable HMMWV or Stryker tires are to small caliber fires. In ArmA2 a whole magazine of AK101 fire basically removes the tire which is just plain wrong. Even the unarmored HMMWVs (which are getting rarer in a modern MEU) have runflats. It should take sustained 7.62, 12.7, or 20mm fire to make a tire significantly degraded in performance.

Both are OK assuming they are destroyable using the proper level of violence. Being able to disable an M1A2 with 7.62mm on the tracks is just as wrong as utterly immobilizing a HMMWV with a few 9mm rounds.