Sign in to follow this  
alswede

Picking up the pieces.red hammer mystery!

in the Pick up the pieces campaign you pick up one frienly

soldier when you have got to the repairtruck and the enemy forces are eliminated.Now I got two men and myself and that's what it takes to use the tank you'll use after reparing.The problem is that soldier nr 3 -s number disappears from the screen.He 's still present but I cant reach him anymore.He's just hanging around and that's no way to reach him.

This must be a bug or something.Can anybody help me out with this one I be very  thankful.

Al

Unfortunately you have to drive the tank with only two men. I don`t know if it`s a bug, but you can finish the mission so either. You just have to quickly change seats between commander and gunner when engaging the american tanks.

That sucks and is hard, but that`s the way sad.gif

Lukin orders #3 to stay behind and set up a supply point (or whatever). No bug, just designed to make tank combat harder. In fact, later in that mission #3 will call for assistance when some enemy tanks are approaching his position.

Awww, now you've spoilt the surprise for everyone. Still, now you've mentioned it might as well go on.

You guys were lucky to get two men in the tank, #2 didn't make any effort to help me, something wrong with getting in the tank I guess. It was quite challenging driving, commanding and gunnering (is that a word?), but I managed to pull it off.

NATO's counterstrike isn't very good and you can take out the T-60s by just sneaking up on them (hiding behind the houses, etc.).

What is surprising about Red Hammer is i only remember having to fight and M1-A1 Abrams once, and that was in Alamo. Shame, this mission would have been a lot more interesting with the games most powerful (IMHO) tank!

Guess I should've thrown in a spoiler alert there. Oh well. It might have been worse - I could have mentioned how Lukin and Angelina later...

Oops.

Fallen Paladin.

I tried to jump betwen commander and gunner but then I have to get out of the tank and jump on again to the seat of my choice.And that take so much time that I'm wasted right away.The best I done so far Is go by my self and drive the thing and have manual fire on.Once I finished the first group of tanks but got blasted of the others when trying to defend the repair truck.But as you said,I better sneak behind them houses and get them that way.But this mission is a very hard task I belive.

Thank's all for helping me.

Al

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (alswede @ Mar. 13 2002,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but then I have to get out of the tank and jump on again to the seat of my choice.<span id='postcolor'>

If you're turned in and the vehicle is not moving, you can jump between driver, gunner and commander w/o having to disembark.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gaswell @ Mar. 14 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (alswede @ Mar. 13 2002,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but then I have to get out of the tank and jump on again to the seat of my choice.<span id='postcolor'>

If you're turned in and the vehicle is not moving, you can jump between driver, gunner and commander w/o having to disembark.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks, Gaswell! That was exactly was I meant. Forgot to mention that your vehicle has to stand still, if you want to change seats.

But for me changing seats worked fine, cause you can see the enemy tanks earlier on your HUD than only by visuals wink.gif

If #2 isn't getting in the tank. You might be parked to close to the repair truck or another obstacle. Try driving away a bit.

David Vrabel