Sign in to follow this  

Hello!

Can someone tell me how can I set up some aritllery support in ArmA2? Nothing big but the hability to call 3 or 4 support missions during the mission when and where I need the rounds

Thanks in advance!

I tried to use the SCOM and disable all of its other abilities excluding the fire support feature however it simply didnt work, I would appreciate it if someone could actually explain how to do this in decent detail?

1. Create your player

2. Select Modules

3. Select SECOPS Module

4. Sync it to your player (F5)

5. Create a Trigger and in the "on activation" select Radio "Alpha"

6. In the Trigger Init line paste this: [["artillery_barrage"], player, [[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

7. You are ready to wreak havoc !!!

Is there anyway to request an artillery barrage via the main communication menu?

Yes, once you do the above steps you can request artillery through the communication menu.

Yes, once you do the above steps you can request artillery through the communication menu.

You are still forced to enter the map and select Alpha on the radio though?

I found it!! Man is amazing, and very easy to request, really a great job. Hope someone can tell me how can I call mortar fire, CAS and the UAV. Also If I can have more than a single fire mission, maybe two or three?

Edited by CapitanStratos

You are still forced to enter the map and select Alpha on the radio though?
Yes that is correct...
Also If I can have more than a single fire mission, maybe two or three?

You can select "repeatedly" when you set up the trigger...hope that helps.

Thats not exactly convenient, when i first asked if the artillery barrage could be requested through the main communication menu i meant without having to select Alpha on the map radio.

Edited by Brute

Yes that is correct...

Thats not exactly convenient, when i first asked if the artillery barrage could be requested through the main communication menu i meant without having to select Alpha on the map radio.

Nope, you have to select "Radio Alpha" to initialize the artillery. I know it's not the exact solution you are looking for, but it works....

If you want to know more then try this link: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Artillery_Module

and this link:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73272

As I learn more on how to set up different modules I will post them....There are some sample missions at the bottom of the Wiki artillery page that might be of interest to you.

Edited by swtx

You don't need the Radio Command. You can do it from the init.sqf, just have to wait for the SOM module to load, try this (assumes your SOM module is named SOM:

init.sqf:

waitUntil { not isNil { SOM getVariable "initDone"} };
waitUntil { SOM getVariable "initDone" };

[["artillery_barrage"], player, [[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

You don't need the Radio Command. You can do it from the init.sqf, just have to wait for the SOM module to load, try this (assumes your SOM module is named SOM:

init.sqf:

waitUntil { not isNil { SOM getVariable "initDone"} };
waitUntil { SOM getVariable "initDone" };

[["artillery_barrage"], player, [[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

If i am correct then this code will cause the player to have artillery support for the entire game?

I have tried what you have suggested and it doesnt seem to work :( The SOM is definitely loaded however i do not have access to the artillery support feature

Edited by Brute

Yeah, looking through both the Artillery Module and SOM module I'm not really seeing anything to limit how many times you can use it. There's probably a SOM value for that, but since the documentation is non-existent, I'm not sure.

You could setup a variable to keep track of how many times it's fired and remove the option after that perhaps?

Make sure you have your SOM module named "SOM".

It is. I have created an SOM module and named it SOM and then synced it to my player and added the above code to my init.sqf file.

Edited by Brute

Can you zip up your mission and upload it somewhere. Because it should be working as you just described it.

You are missing a ; after execVM "briefing.sqf" in the first line of your init.sqf. :)

It should be:

execVM "briefing.sqf";

Had a feeling it would be something simple like that. :)

Its working perfectly now however it only seems to allow for one artillery barrage? If there any way to increase this number or make it unlimited?

One one as in one one explosion or after one use it no longer appears on your Communications menu?

If it's still on there saying 'Active' it means it's waiting for you to tell if it the hit was good and they should commit, or if you wanted to cancel the mission I think.

One one as in one one explosion or after one use it no longer appears on your Communications menu?

If it's still on there saying 'Active' it means it's waiting for you to tell if it the hit was good and they should commit, or if you wanted to cancel the mission I think.

The artillery barrage completes and then the request artillery option disappears from the communications menu and does not return (well at least it didnt for the 5min i waited)