Sign in to follow this  
quachimba

Help with mission I would like to create.

Hello all

I was just wondering if i could get some help or well... alot of help in this case. I love making missions where its stealthy just 2-3 people everything silenced and a big ERF (Emergency response force) from the enemy if detected. Along with an insertion by boat or Helo along with the same type of extraction. Main obj is to get an evidence file and blow/kill something.

Now this is what i did. I have no knowledge of scripts since i just started this game a week or so ago.

I want to start somewhere where i have an insertion by boat make my way through randomized patrols and outposts etc if detected an emergency response force of the enemy is to be called in around the target area. I want to get in and pick up the evidence in this scenario and get out and extract. possibly with UAV support.

Here are the problems i face:

1) I just can't seem to get an AI chopper to drop me to a certain spot and go back and wait for my extraction call. I want it to come to the spot i choose rather than waypoints i don't like waypoints i just use the map and gps to find my way with just a few markers on the map

2) I don't know how to get custom loadouts at the start not through ammo boxes but to have the guns i choose in hand.

3) Even though the evidence file is available under empty objects. I can't seem to get my guy to pick it up it just stays there. Also along with this i don't want the game to end unless i get the evidence file specifically into the end trigger not just myself.

I guess this would be a good first few ques to ask If i could get any help on this it would be appreciated.

Thank you:yay:

Since you're new to the game I would start much smaller and build up to your eventual goal.

Make a series of missions. Learn how to do one feature request at a time, then add in the next bit of what you want in the end. This way you learn what you're doing along the way.

First mission: You start with the weapons you want.

Second mission: You start with the weapons you want, on a boat that lands at a waypoint.

Third mission: You start with the weapons you want, in a helo that lands where you direct it to.

Fourth mission: You start with the weapons you want, in a help that lands where you direct it to, then stands off and waits for you to call it back.

Fifth mission: You start with the weapons you want, in a helo that lands and returns, and as you cross the island ACM spawns encounters for you.

Sixth mission: Weapons, helo, ACM, evidence you can pick up.

Seventh mission: Weapons, helo, ACM, evidence you can pick up and picking it up triggers a mission end.

Try building those missions in order and see what you can do. The first four should quite easy and very small missions, really little more than you and the vehicle.

Give those a shot and see where it gets you. :)

Thanks man

I have done that already i can get the boat and the waypoint i just can't figure things out for the load out and for calling a chopper in and out to the position i want and finally to get the obj picked up those are the thhings i'm struggling with the most.

Thank you for your help man much appreciated.

Were you thinking of a specific loadout? If so what? There's some simple commands you can use for it.

For the chopper thing, try this. Just be aware that there are some typos in the activation code, the " (double quotes) in the last 4 lines need to be changed from the `` to ".

Let me know the loadout you want, and try out the SOM transport thing (which will also give you random side missions as well as an added bonus!)

Thanks alot for that man i tried it and i got as far as being able to get the radio alpha thing up and once i goto communication i select transport but unfortunately the chopper doesn't move i change the quotation marks for the last four lines is there anything else i missed? i named them exactly as he had named them in the game as O1. I wanted just to be able to pick any of the american guns with all attachements for any solider basically i would pick the loadouts mostly by the type of mission in this one though i was looking for maybe a silenced acog scope not just a red dot if possible thank you again for all your help.

EDIT

I got it to work sort of... but its a random chopper i don't know from where that comes and lands and takes me where i want its not the chopper i placed on the ground that one doesn't move but from somewhere another one comes which isn't bad i just don't know where its coming from though and i can't seem to choose which chopper it will be.

Edited by quachimba