Sign in to follow this  
shadylurker

The last step actually worked....

Yea pretty drastic and should not need to be done, But i just installed windows 7 and I now have GREAT fps 40+ most of the time now. I went from the 10's to 20's in vista x64 to the 30's and 40's with windows 7 x64

System is as follows

680I LT xfx mobo

q6700 OC 3.33

8gb 800mhz ram

9800GX2 oc 770/1800/2100

Good to hear. Believe it not it doesn't actually have to be done, but sometimes when searching for a needle in a haystack, it's easier just to burn the haystack.

yea i was on win7 7100 build and had great performace but some peeps talked about that xp was beter so i tryed it and i got only a 22fps agains a 40+ on win7.

so now i got win7 7264 build and wil instal arma2 now and check if i got a performace increase

and i also have set up a RAID0

I generally get 30's to 60(vsync capped) with a similar system.

vista64 ultimate

Q9300@3000mhz

4 gigs ddr3@1600mhz

9800GX2@default settings

1920x1080 16:9 res

When I overcome my laziness i'll pull a hd from my other pc and set up a vista64/win7-64 dual boot to compare, but from most of the reviews I've read online, im not expecting much real world gaming difference.

interesting thing is I still get massive slowdowns online in certain missions, maybe after all it may only be partly BI's fault...to many scripts and poor mission design...we will see someday I'm sure BIS can optomize it some way, they always pull t hrough