Sign in to follow this  
GunnDawg09

Question Regarding Markers

So I am using the "Urban Patrol Script" and it tells you to create a square marker which I do, but not sure how to make it an appropriate size. Seems like you use the Axis A and Axis B to create the size, however when you zoom the map it seems to resize it and all sorts of weird stuff....

It needs to be a rectangle or ellipse. Then it will show an area, as opposed to a symbol. Though saying that you can use the markers, I'm using the empty marker because I don't want a huge coloured square on the map to tell players there's an enemy patrol or two. But it does look strange in the editor having a huge 100x200 empty symbol :P

It needs to be a rectangle or ellipse. Then it will show an area, as opposed to a symbol. Though saying that you can use the markers, I'm using the empty marker because I don't want a huge coloured square on the map to tell players there's an enemy patrol or two. But it does look strange in the editor having a huge 100x200 empty symbol :P

When I run my map to test this new Patrol Script it says "Marker and Unit have to be defined" up in the top right corner....

any idea?

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

I notice this tid bit in the UPS script file... but not sure how to interpret it.

};

if ((count _this)<2) exitWith {

if (format["%1",_this]!="INIT") then {hint "UPS: Unit and marker name have to be defined!"};

};

_exit = false;

Ok, make a group, or unit, then paste this into the group leader's init line:

nul=[this,"ups_gorka"] execVM "ups.sqf"

Then make a marker, as big as you like, icon, rectangle or ellipse, and name it

ups_gorka

This name because it is straight out of my mission. UPS for urban patrol script, and gorka because thats where the marker is. The maker is an 'Empty' marker, and the size is 200 by 100. But you can name it anything really.

Now just make sure the ups.sqf is in your mission folder (the mission you have the marker and unit in). Now start it up.

Yeah thats how I have it set up, and the patrols I set up seem to patrol just fine, I just get that stupid error/hint every time the mission loads.

Then you've mistyped something. Delete it all and start again, new group and new marker, then retype it in, or even better, ctrl+c and ctrl+v it in from here, you won't mistype it then.

Ah I see what I did. I have Init.SQF to initialize some of my other scripts, but it looks like UPS initializes it self, so I just took out:

_tmp = [] execVM "UPS.sqf";

..from the init.SQF file and it works just fine. However they seem kinda stupid when patrolling, they will hit the deck some times when nothing is around like they were alerted to something.

I dunno about the strange behaviour, I haven't used it much yet. As for the init.sqf, read the readme, it didn't need to be in there ;)

Don't worry though, everyone has made an easy mistake, even the pros.

Ah I see what I did. I have Init.SQF to initialize some of my other scripts, but it looks like UPS initializes it self, so I just took out:

..from the init.SQF file and it works just fine. However they seem kinda stupid when patrolling, they will hit the deck some times when nothing is around like they were alerted to something.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

not sure why it kept reposting it, all I did was refresh my page.