Sign in to follow this  
panzereich

ARMA 2 FPS Badly Fragged using 9800gtx+, TrackIr + AMD x2 4400

don't think you'll be able to pull me down to you lvl ethne ;) thx, and have a great day.

From the guy who initiated the rudeness, that's pretty weak. You're already there my little friend.

I won't be visiting.

Have a sensational weekend :)

Eth

he is describing what myself and many others are experiencing where settings and 3D resolution bear no impact on performance - obviously an issue with the software, and not hardware. quite ironic given your shot at people who aren't 'tech savvy'.

So why is it running fine on my PC, which is of a similar spec to the OP, when the only difference is his resolution and possibly other graphics settings are higher? Either he's pushing his system too far, or there's some other issue with his hardware.

one of the most useless things to do in a troubleshooting forum is to repeatedly say things are fine just because they are for you.

When two people are running the same version of the same game on computers of similar specification, and one has problems and the other does not, there's a very good chance that there may be problems other than the game to blame.

Edited by echo1

From the guy who initiated the rudeness, that's pretty weak. You're already there my little friend.

I won't be visiting.

Have a sensational weekend :)

Eth

not at all my friend. just initiated some common sense for the OP to balance your call to throw money at the problem which is obviously a bug that many are experiencing. if you were savvy you'd realize that even with his config there should be a difference in performance when altering settings. there isn't.

wait for patch. then consider upgrading. ignore those telling you to just buy things to fix it.

not at all my friend. just initiated some common sense for the OP to balance your call to throw money at the problem which is obviously a bug that many are experiencing. if you were savvy you'd realize that even with his config there should be a difference in performance when altering settings. there isn't.

wait for patch. then consider upgrading. ignore those telling you to just buy things to fix it.

Learn how to read bonehead ;)

Again, I said upgrade because it's an older CPU and not because of A2.

Now move along and don't "lower yourself" any further.

Trolls, got to love them :)

Eth

PS : As CH says, it's working fine on his rig.

So why is it running fine on my PC, which is of a similar spec to the OP, when the only difference is his resolution and possibly other graphics settings are higher? Either he's pushing his system too far, or there's some other issue with his hardware.

When two people are running the same version of the same game on computers of similar specification, and one has problems and the other does not, there's a very good chance that there may be problems other than the game to blame.

i have no idea why things are perfect for you. i have no idea why people with clean installs and brand new current hardware are experiencing the exact same issue - an apparent fps cap regardless of settings being changed.

spend some time browsing this board. take note of all the people making threads relating to settings bearing no impact on performance. some have brand new quad core + spanking new nvidia / ATI cards. some have 4-5 year old rigs.

i don't care how tech savvy people claim to be here (and generally those that claim to be, or insult others for not being - are the least savvy) this is a problem that is obviously affecting many people with various different hardware configurations and all signs point to a loop scripting error or some sort of LOD scaling that is not working as intended for some people for whatever reason.

all i'm saying is throwing money on the problem isn't necessarily the right way to go about things. be patient. practice common sense. wait for a patch and see if you can't save yourself some money.

or do what ethne suggests and just go blow you wad and perhaps get home to encounter the same issue and curse his name.

your choice. i like the patient logical approach personally. :p

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Learn how to read bonehead ;)

Again, I said upgrade because it's an older CPU and not because of A2.

Now move along and don't "lower yourself" any further.

Trolls, got to love them :)

Eth

PS : As CH says, it's working fine on his rig.

reading your post history seems to indicate you like to spend more time under bridges than i do mate - i'm trying to help people, you're obviously not. :yay:

i have no idea why things are perfect for you. i have no idea why people with clean installs and brand new current hardware are experiencing the exact same issue - an apparent fps cap regardless of settings being changed.

spend some time browsing this board. take note of all the people making threads relating to settings bearing no impact on performance.

i don't care how tech savvy people claim to be here (and generally those that claim to be, or insult others for not being - are the least savvy) this is a problem that is obviously affecting many people with various different hardware configurations and all signs point to a loop scripting error or some sort of LOD scaling that is not working as intended for some people for whatever reason.

all i'm saying is throwing money on the problem isn't necessarily the right way to go about things. be patient. practice common sense. wait for a patch and see if you can't save yourself some money.

or do what ethne suggests and just go blow you wad and perhaps get home to encounter the same issue and curse his name.

your choice. i like the patient logical approach personally. :p

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

reading your post history seems to indicate you like to spend more time under bridges than i do mate - i'm trying to help people, you're obviously not. :yay:

You're trying to help by forcing things down people's throats and telling them to ignore everyone's opinion but yours, and then talking about my post history to try and divert attention from your endless stupidity and lack of knowledge?

Be true to your original promise and stop responding.

Eth

i think anyone with a head on their shoulders (perhaps aside from you) can see that all i'm trying to do is save someone some money by waiting for a week or so to see what the patch does. it's called a suggestion. not an assertion, or 'forcing things down people's throats'. i believe telling someone to upgrade when people with brand new systems experience the same issue is 'forcing' and irresponsible.

i'm not forcing anything down anyones throat at all (again, others can clearly see this i assume) just summarizing what i've read about this specific issue because it also affects me and a few people in my squad.

you like to tell people everything is fine, it's likely their fault, and that being tech savvy may somehow fix the issue, or that a lack of savvyness may be to blame because you fancy yourself savvy and things work just fine for you.

you seem to assert a hell of a lot more than i do mate :)

i think anyone with a head on their shoulders (perhaps aside from you) can see that all i'm trying to do is save someone some money by waiting for a week or so to see what the patch does.

i'm not forcing anything down anyones throat at all (again, others can clearly see this i assume) just summarizing what i've read about this specific issue because it also affects me and a few people in my squad.

you like to tell people everything is fine, it's likely their fault, and that being tech savvy may somehow fix the issue, or that a lack of savvyness may be to blame.

you seem to assert a hell of a lot more than i do mate :)

No, you just don't seem to be able to read very well.

I said in some cases. I never said everything was fine and I have repeatedly agreed with the fact that there are issues in Vista/Win7.

I've experienced some of them

Sure, the patches will help, but they aren't going to make a 5 year old CPU any faster.

Now, give it a rest or it's report time as this is going to get out of hand.

Thanks in advance,

Eth

No, you just don't seem to able to read very well.

I said in some cases. I never said everything was fine and I have repeatedly agreed with the fact that there are issues in Vista/Win7.

I've experienced some of them

Sure, the patches will help, but they aren't going to make a 5 year old CPU any faster.

Now, give it a rest or it's report time as this is going to get out of hand.

Thanks in advance,

Eth

i think you're the last person i'd take orders from around here. feel free to report, we'll see how the coin lands ;)

for the topic creator: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77890

you'll find plenty more if you browse a couple of pages. wait a week for the patch, then make a decision whether to spend money on upgrades or not.

yet another instance of someone upgrading their hardware to be met with poor reduced performance.

Edited by jaundiced

i think you're the last person i'd take orders from around here. feel free to report, we'll see how the coin lands ;)

for the topic creator: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77890

yet another instance of someone upgrading their video cards to be met with poor reduced performance.

/reported :)

/ignore

bye

Eth

/reported :)

/ignore

bye

Eth

*waves*

thanks for the nice chat ethne. see ya around.

Closed.

Please do not continue your spat on other threads.

You have been warned.