Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy Bandit

Parachute Drop Issue

I've been working on a parachute drop on the island map.

At the moment I have a sniper named "snippy" which is the player, and an M8-60S named "heli".

The sniper named "snippy" has the following in his Initialization code:

this moveincargo heli; group1 = group this

The helicopter then has a way-point to the other side of the island (he starts at the bottom). Half way across his path (in the middle of the island) is a trigger.

The trigger is set as "Activation: BLUFOR", and has the following in the "On Act." code:

snippy action ["eject", heli]; group1 leavevehicle heli

That all works fine. My sniper named snippy jumps out of the heli automatically and parachutes down. The issue, however, is that this trigger somehow also gives the order for all units in the helicopter (including pilots) to disembark at some weird location. It's always the same location, and the order is given as soon as I jump out. After the chopper lands, everyone gets out. About 20 seconds later the pilots and gunners get back in the chopper and continue on to the way-point.

Now... what the hell? :D

So can anyone help me out? I have no idea why the helicopter is being ordered to disembark! :S

(By the way, the way-point for the helicopter is a simple "MOVE" way-point, and the helicopter continues on to it and stays there after all the disembarking malarky.

Cheers, Jack.

If you leave off the "group1 leavevehicle heli" part in the trigger it appears to work how you expect. Sounds like what's happening is you're grouped with the helo somehow.

I tried it once by setting the helo to a different group and it still landed after I was ejected.

Edited by kylania

Thing is, I'm pretty sure it's not that.

The helicopter isn't linked to any of my men, and it doesn't tell me to get back in or anything. It just randomly lands, everyone gets out... then back in and flies off again.

Well, I made a quick mission as you'd described it. Snippy the Sniper with your init string, an ungrouped helo on the south coast flying north with a single MOVE waypoint at the north edge of the island and the trigger in the middle over the airfield. At mission start I was in the backseat of the Huey as it was flying.

With the "group1 leavevehicle" part in every time I ejected the chopper did a crazy spin, land, clown car thing then continued on. When I removed that one line from the trigger it didn't slow down at all, just continued to it's waypoint.

Nice one! - fixed that. But now I still have one more problem! :D

I also want a small recon team to jump out of the chopper at a seperate trigger previous to my (the player's) jump. For some really annoying reason, whenever the squad jumps out (I can make that work fine), as soon as they land they are given the order to mount the helicopter again! Ahhhh! :S

I've checked and the helicopter isn't connected with the group at all. In the new trigger I have the code:

recon1 action ["eject", heli]; recon2 action ["eject", heli]; recon3 action ["eject", heli]; recon4 action ["eject", heli]; recon5 action ["eject", heli]; recon6 action ["eject", heli];

Each member of the team is named "recon#". I tried putting "group2 = group this" in all of their Init boxes, but when I used:

group2 action ["eject", heli]

In the trigger nothing happened.

Am I just managing to be stupid or using unnecessary code again? :S

Cheers!

I think you'll want to unassignvehicle for their group, or each individually when they jump.

{unassignVehicle _x} forEach units group group2;

Maybe?