Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Vista vs WinXp

So ive been reading on the forum that some people get better performance in ArmA2 with WinXp. Is this true? Has it been tested and confirmed?

I have pretty good performance with Vista x64 but if i can squeeze out some more fps its worth changing back to WinXp.

Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz

4Gb Ram

8800GTS 512mb OCed

FPS in ArmA2: 35

Thanx

So ive been reading on the forum that some people get better performance in ArmA2 with WinXp. Is this true? Has it been tested and confirmed?

I have pretty good performance with Vista x64 but if i can squeeze out some more fps its worth changing back to WinXp.

Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz

4Gb Ram

8800GTS 512mb OCed

FPS in ArmA2: 35

Thanx

I can confirm that XP is way better in my experience.

I have XP64 SP2, Win 64 SP2 and Win 7 64 2232 and XP64 is by far the best performer. I've heard similar things from XP32 users although I can't confirm that as I don't use any 32 bit OS any more.

You can always duel boot as switching back to XP just for A2 probably isn't the best idea. I have to confess that as far as Win7 goes, it is much better for the other 30 games I have installed than XP is. A2 is the noteable exception for the moment.

Eth

I can confirm that XP is way better in my experience.

I have XP64 SP2, Win 64 SP2 and Win 7 64 2232 and XP64 is by far the best performer. I've heard similar things from XP32 users although I can't confirm that as I don't use any 32 bit OS any more.

You can always duel boot as switching back to XP just for A2 probably isn't the best idea. I have to confess that as far as Win7 goes, it is much better for the other 30 games I have installed than XP is. A2 is the noteable exception for the moment.

Eth

Well i dont really play any other games besides ArmA and Flight Simulator X :P So it doesnt really matter for me if i keep Vista or not.

The bad thing i guess is that i only have Win32 so i wont be able to use my 4Gb of ram.

I find dualbooting to be to much of a hassle.

Well i dont really play any other games besides ArmA and Flight Simulator X :P So it doesnt really matter for me if i keep Vista or not.

The bad thing i guess is that i only have Win32 so i wont be able to use my 4Gb of ram.

I find dualbooting to be to much of a hassle.

Yah, I'd prefer to use only one OS but as it stands, A2 just runs better under XP.

FSX is DX10 is it not? In which case reverting to XP will negate that feature :(

Eth

Yah, I'd prefer to use only one OS but as it stands, A2 just runs better under XP.

FSX is DX10 is it not? In which case reverting to XP will negate that feature :(

Eth

The Dx10 is only a "preview" mode in FSX. Its full of bugs and doesnt run that good. I run FSX in Dx9.

I think ill wait untill the next patch, maybe the'll fix some of the performance issues.