Sign in to follow this  
Ezdaroth

Dualcore graphic card performance issues

Hi, I already discussed nearly the same thing in my other topic, but since it went so far off the original subject I'm starting a new one.

First I couldn't get second core of my hd4870x2 working, however when I got told my launch options weren't right, it started working.

I went to editor and spawned myself somewhere, the performance was just horrible. About half of the fps I got before or less. I alt-tabbed to whine on the topic and when I got back, everything started to flicker. I quit the mission and spawned myself again. Now the performance was about the same as before. I also tried the benchmark and it looked just the same as with just one GPU active.

I checked rivatuner for what happened and noticed something really weird:

what.png

As you see, when it first started to work, both GPU's were working 100%, but the performance was bad. After the alt-tab and reload however, both GPU's were working only 50%, but the performance got better.

Now this is weird, since both should work 100% all the time and performance should be better.

So I'm asking if BI guys know anything about this and also what kind of performance the others are getting with dualcore graphic cards.

I currently get ~21 fps with everything else than AA at very high. Both resolutions 1920x1200 and draw distance about 5000m.

Same performance with either one or two GPU's.

My setup is hd4870x2, phenom 9950 @ 2,6GHz, 4gb of ddr2 @ 1066MHz.

Hi Ezdaroth,

i'm new to these forums but i can attest to your situation. I too am having issues getting my 4870 x2 to utilize both cores with Arma II. I tried the -winxp trick and it works sometimes, like i'll randomly go from 25 fps to 55 when playing multiplayer then back down. I also cant seem to improve performance by lowering settings. If i run on high/med settings then put everything on low, i will get no fps increase. I refuse to lower the resolution because the game starts to look extremely fuzzy and bad especially with the "tired" effect from running. I would love to lower the resolution and play it in a window, but apparently that is not possible =/

Sorry that I really can't help, but for windowed mode and lower resolution try this launch option:

-window Displays ArmA windowed instead of full screen (can be used in conjunction with -x/-y: -window -x=800 -y=600)

I have been playing for a while now and I confirm that I have the same, if not better fps with just one core active. Something has really gone wrong here.

Edited by Ezdaroth

My setup is hd4870x2, phenom 9950 @ 2,6GHz, 4gb of ddr2 @ 1066MHz.

i have the same system.....

and have same problems....

i think you should use a other windows version...

i have horrorbile frames like you with my vista x64 system,

than i have try vista 32bit and the performance was the same

now i have installed windows 7 and start arma2 with the -winxp parameter

now i have over 60fps in the editor and all on high between 30-60fps (but not in large towns)

and the second thing i have made is to overclock the cpu to 3.0GHz

I as well have noticed that with one GPU I get the same FPS if I enable both in SLI. They just seem to split the load.

I as well have noticed that with one GPU I get the same FPS if I enable both in SLI. They just seem to split the load.

that was by me in windows vista ...

in windows 7 i have gpu load on both between 90-100%

download the windows 7 rc and test it!