Sign in to follow this  
Zapman2010

little problems with tanks

Hello,

I have some little problems when I use tanks

1. When the tank crew is ai and I drive the ai commander don't select targets and fire. The mg gunner fire, but not the cannon. When all in the tank are ai, the tank fire.

2. When I order a tank to go into woods, the ai driver won't drive. The same problem appears when I play cti maps, when the game commander build heavy vihicle factory in the woods, I must return to base and go into my tank and drive it out, the ai make this not.

Not to sure about the translation on that but what I can tell you that I've noticed is that if you are in a vehicle in single player you seem to become the commander regardless of where you are (even when riding in the back).

When this happens the AI don't seem to fire on anyone unless you tell them (only fully tried in a humvee myself).

As for the AI driver not moving, haven't seen that myself, but if you order a tank to go into the woods them I'm not surprised it doesn't go in as the tank would get stuck.

Have found the same with AI gunners not using main gun. Don't know if there is a solution or if this is 'as designed'.

Also cannot force AI to enter a wood. And NO the tank won't get stuck !

Yes the tank won't stuck in a wood, he is only out of control and stand still. when I drive with the tank in some woods I can move between tree or drive over the tree. But the ai still stand and do nothing.

the other problem is that I must change position from driver to commander, else my tank will not fire. I not know is it correct or bug?