Sign in to follow this  
merlin851526

Menu Freezes

Every time i enter a menu, map screen or press g there is a 20 to 30 second delay.This of course is quite annoying and fatal in some situations.On top of all this i have atrocious mouse lag.I have had a look at the various forums and haven't come across anyone with the same problem.

My system specs are

Vista 64Bit

Quad core Q8200 2.33Mhz

8 gigs of Ram

Nvidia 9800GT 512MB DDR3

G15 Keyboard

G9 Laser mouse

All my drivers are up to date. Game is patched to 1.02 build 58134. I have Vsync disabled plus Mouse acceleration. All background services not required are shut down. And for some strange reason when i try to play the game in low settings it's actually worse.Any help would be appreciated.

This problem was also reported in ArmA1. I can't remember how it was fixed, but there was a workaround:

Start the game, then pull out any USB input devices you have (usually mouse and/or keyboard) and put them back in after a few seconds. Now see if there is still menu lag when playing the game.

I know this sounds pretty stupid, but it worked for some people back in the day. I actually had the same problem briefly but I can't recall for the life of me how I fixed it.

Thank you very much it was indeed the G15 that was causing the menu freeze.Said keyboard now residing on the shelf:).Thank you once again.

I have this same problem, i also have a g15 keyboard. Will try this out later ty :D