Sign in to follow this  
sealion

Staring a mision in a boat

I am trying to creat a mission were infantry sqads land on a beach from boats. each boat can transport 6 soldiers, and you are aloud 12 units per group. So I want to have a 12 soldier infantry group transported by two boats. But I can not start the mision with the players in the boat unless the boat it part of the group. which will mean a smaller number of sodiers.

If there is a way to separate the boats from the group when they reach the land. then I can join two groups. I have tryed joining the groups with the baots included, and this just makes a mess.

Please help

Rename the two boats, Boat1 and Boat2. Then write this script to the first 6 units' init line: this moveincargo Boat1

and this to the 6 others: this moveincargo Boat2.

Now the units are grouped already at the beginning of the mission, and gathers when the group has landed from the boats.

thank you king nothing

I have tried what you said and it works.

However, for some reason I cannot get the units to disembark from the boat anymore

I have tried giving the boat an unload waypoint. they do no get out. I have treid. giving the group leader a get out waypoint. and this dosent work. I have even tried using bothe waypoints and syncronising them. I have tried this with the soldeirs having an incargo an in formation status.

But it they still just sit there when the boat stops.

maybee there is another code to do this

can you or anybody else help me.

It's 'Transport unload', not 'Unload' smile.gif . I think that the 'Unload' means that the boat crew will come out from the boat and 'Transport unload' means that the boat unloads the units from the cargo of the boat.