Sign in to follow this  
Paperboy

Demo custom missions problems

Hi there,

People can't connect to my server, but sometimes my server is full and sometimes there are people playing and it does not allow more players, they get dropped when trying to connect, this usually happens when I have a custom mission made with the mission editor.

Is this a common problem?

I think it is stupid that everytime when I think I have a cool mission nobody seems to be able to connect, such a waste of time, ports everything is configured, sometimes people can get on and most of the time they cant.

All I see is:

Player blabla connecting

Player blabla disconnected

Player jksdhsj connecting

Player jksdhsj disconnected

Player blabla connecting

Player blabla disconnected

Player oelle connecting

Player oelle disconnected

Is there a bug messing up the custom missions?

I've tried resetting my modem, rebooting the pc, checking ports and everything seems configured correctly.

Edited by Paperboy

i have been hosting several demo mp games the last week with no problem until today, i have the same issue, i see a lot of people connecting and disconnecting non stop.

I solved the problem, well at least for me. I started a first istance of the game, hosted a game then alt+tab and executed a second istance of the game trying to join my previous hosted game to see which error people was receiving. I got banned. So i discovered arma 2 demo created a new "ban" file when times ago i banned a tk kid. This file, in my case, was banning everyone who tryied to join my hosted game. So i saved my mpmission, uninstalled and reinstalled the game (just to besure no other ban files were created).Now everything works fine again if i just kick people and do not ban them.

I hope this can help you too.

I have solved the issue just deleting a ban.txt file i had in my documents.