Sign in to follow this  
frattonstation

Fixed Wing Take Off & Land

I knew how to do this in Arma 1, but have forgotten over time! Getting on in years yer know! :)

But how do I get a fixed wing aircraft to taxi and take off then land again on an airfield in Arma22??

If the aircraft is placed on the airfield, it will automatically take off. If you want it to land, use the script command landAt.

E.g.: plane landAt 0;

Beware, the plane will land, taxi to the takeoff position and take off again. You need to tell the pilot to disembark, if you want him to stop on the airfield.

Which airport do you use? So far the smaller airports are unusable for AI, because the runways are to bumpy and too short.

And I hope you don'T use the C130, because it's turn radius is too big.

Well, just tested it and it works fine on my computer. I didn't even need to issue a move command- The plane will take off automatically.

The C130 for me will move down the runway (after being placed on the runway without a move command) but it will not take off. It just moves down the runway. Im trying to get it to take off.

I've had great luck with using a trigger to place the pilots in the plane, then they will automatically take-off, make sure to place the plane in the correct oritentation and location on the runway. I then put a patrol point and next a land command with a "Get out" as the action. The plane lands taxis and the pilots disembark.

This basically creates a cycling triggerable take-off. When the trigger activates again, the whole process is repeated. The plane taxis, takes-off and lands a bit later.

I cannot find any way to keep a plane stationary when placed at an airport unless it's empty :/