Sign in to follow this  
SGT-HK

Chooper dropping troops

hey guys sorry to ask such a stupid question but is anyone having trouble dropping off troops from choopers

i made a mission that a bunch of FR guys are stuck defending a pilot while waiting for reinforcements but i have a problem the Marines coming to my aid aind dropping off from the chooper

i put a waypoint with TRANSPORT UNLOAD just to make sure i also USED an "Invisible H" and when that didnt work i tried giving the soldiers a GET OUT waypoint and even linked it to the "transport unload"

i then tried lowering the choopers speed changing the landing area to a flat field and even the airport

and ... nothing the chooper just circles around both MV22 and MH 60 Havent tried the Huey yet

could it be because there is a fight going on not far from the landing area? ( ill check that now)

is there a way to FORCE the chopper to land and make the soldiers GET OUT

THANKS A BUNCH IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONE WHO COULD HELP ME:butbut:

Edited by SGT-HK

i hardly remember.. try enter a trigger so when the chopper has reached its destination within the trigger area and on activation type chopper land "land" or something... I forget.

chopper is the name of the chopper.

im getting depressed that didnt work and not even this worked

:

{doGetOut _x} foreach units group NameOfSquad; {unassignVehicle _x} foreach units group NameOfSquad

anyone has this problem?:confused

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

i FOUND it

its the completion radius in the way point for some reason i had to put it above 6 and now they land anywhere

I am having this same problem. The chopper lands everytime when there are no enemies nearby. But when there is a fight going on it comes into land and then chcikens out and flys away.

So did the completion radius make them land no matter what was happening on the ground.

Edited by Xace

I am having this same problem. The chopper lands everytime when there are no enemies nearby. But when there is a fight going on it comes into land and then chcikens out and flys away.

So did the completion radius make them land no matter what was happening on the ground.

Make sure your choppers behavior is set to Careless until he drops off the troops, that way even if he's getting shot to hell, he wont care, and will drop them off.

get a helicopter thats empty for start off. then tell your squad to get in with waypoint then when you put that marker put a new marker on location where u want it it land and put get out this works as ive tried it its very simple nothing hard about it. It takes off and lands fine .. just make sure if you got more than one the waypoints dont cross otherwise your just gonna crash into each other as i found out :p.