Sign in to follow this  
Cryptoparrot

Some campaign help

This is my first Arma game, must say I love it, I'm a bit confused as to some aspects of the game as I'm sure you understand since it's pretty complex. I think I'm near enough to being decent with infantry control but some of the more complicated stuff in the campaign is puzzling me. I have a whole host of questions really, shame there isn't one big guide.

Most pressing though, I'm confused with the use of the helicopter as transport and extraction, I can't seem to get it to do anything at all. When I get in the engine starts, the blades spin, yet nothing happens. Is it something to do with clicking the map in some way? Some sort of button to command the pilot? How does requesting to be picked up as well? When you request support pickup does the pilot just come to your current location?

Cheers, I'll probably end up posting back later.

yeah you need to tell the pilot where to take you. When already in the heli bring up your map, hit 0, 8, 1 and wherever the mouse cursor is at the time is where the LZ will be.

When calling for transport, again hit 0, 8, 1 and the heli will automatically come to your location and land. Tell your squad to get in, get in yourself and your map will automatically pop up, wherever you click will be the LZ.

A little yellow marker saying "LZ" will appear on the map.

you need to open the radio menu, then use customise, then call for assitance then choose the chopper.

Hmm sounds a bit complicated, theres probably a faster way to do it but i go like this.

press 0 (radio menu) press 8 (customise or somthing like that) then press ? (call for assistance) then you will see your options. you can either click on the ground to be picked up or on the map. It is the same to be dropped off. go through the menu again making sure you have your map open. then on the last bit of the menu click on the map or hover the curser over the map and press the last button.

Phew! anyone explain this anybetter? can you use the quick command menu?

Ah, thanks for clearing that up you two. I'm going to open up the game and try it in a while (patching atm).

When I call for the chopper to come to my location will I get an ETA or something? How long does it normally take to arrive? Or will I be able to track its progress on my map?

no eta, but it dosnt take long. you should be able to see him on your map. never tried though. keep him away from trees, he can be random on deciding where he wants to land!

Another question, they'll keep coming probably :).

If you or your squadmates get shot over the course of the campaign and then get revived are they back to full health? Will the revive work again, an infinite number of times? If not, is there a way to get them fully healthy again, is there a way to tell?