Sign in to follow this  
thedudesam

Can someone be kind enough to make me a mission(S)?

Hi i know there are some MASTERFULL modders and mappers out there.

Could anyone make/link me a few "high command" enabled maps, i love that game mode.

Or if possible, link me to a tutorial on how to make them? :yay:

-Go to editor and place yourself in there.

-Add the Hi-Commander module and synchronize it to you (synch in the menu right side).

-Now start adding as many groups of soldiers and tanks and helis and whatever you want.

-Preview the mission and press CTRL+SPACE and youll see all squads and single units etc bottom screen. Order them around by either press the "F" buttons (F1-F12) or press SPACE to choose them all. When you have a squad/s chosen just point and click somewhere and they start moving.

Better is to go map view "M" and select them and then click somewhere. Youll see waypoint come up and a line showing their movements. When choosing a squad hold CTRL down when adding waypoints to be able to add more than 1 waypoint. Right click on a waypoint (looking like this X) to set behaviour and other things.

Crash course and i hope it helps a bit. ;)

BIKI with some info: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/High_Command

Alex

the high command module allows you to command multiple units?

It lets you command units like in command & conquer style, and yes you can command tons and tons and tons. Full scale war 1 commander on each side duke it out with hordes of AI. ;)

Alex

thanks! sorry to be off-topic but what is the Warfare module? I have asked on a few threads with no reply's and you seem to know your stuff! :)

How do i make a HQ :D thanks dude

Because i linked the Commander thing to me, that works, but i cannot build units/buy weapons.

Edited by thedudesam

Oh lord. that is far more complex. you have the CONSTRUCTION module there wich with some other stuff will make you build things.

Im sorry but i dont have ARMA2 yet and havent got that far. Someone else have to step in here. Also the BIKI will be updated. I know that doesnt help you now, but i think it might be only BIS that can tell you have to setup the contruction module.

Alex

HQ versions of vehicles will maybe make you able to build? Like LAV25-HQ

Not sure though.

Hello,im new to Editing,and once you undertstand a bit,its realy "fun" :)

The Modules are great,cause you simply place them on map,and sync when needed.I realy like this Modules,and hope BIS will make more later.

Best you get an PBO Extractor (i use PBOview),then you can open the original Game files.

The Guys at Bohemia Interactive were so nice too hide some example missions in the game files.

For example,if you open the Warfare.pbo file,you find some Warfare Map Examples.

That is helpfull.If you want to know how the high command works,just open the tutorial Map for High Command in Editor,then you see what is needed.

Hello,im new to Editing,and once you undertstand a bit,its realy "fun" :)

The Modules are great,cause you simply place them on map,and sync when needed.I realy like this Modules,and hope BIS will make more later.

Best you get an PBO Extractor (i use PBOview),then you can open the original Game files.

The Guys at Bohemia Interactive were so nice too hide some example missions in the game files.

For example,if you open the Warfare.pbo file,you find some Warfare Map Examples.

That is helpfull.If you want to know how the high command works,just open the tutorial Map for High Command in Editor,then you see what is needed.

Thank you so much mate :D

But theres a problem, when i load the V1.8E map and preview it i get and error, something about village.sqf and there are no captureable places

Edited by thedudesam