Sign in to follow this  
Eroglik

Graphics in game keep resetting to default/changing themselves

Hey guys, I've noticed this a lot and it's really starting to get on my nerves. It seems everytime I close down my game and start it again sometime later, my graphics options keep changing.

Usually it's the dropping of view distance and some settings switching back to normal. I have no problems running this game on high to very high.

When this happens, for some reason, the highest setting I can change 'terrain detail' to is 'normal'. I have to change the overall quality in the simplified menu a few times for the game to allow me to set it back to high.

I've also noticed that 'Antialiasing' is turned to 'disabled' with no way for me to turn it back on.

Does anyone know why my graphics keep resetting like this?? I have no performance problems so I can't understand why my game would do it. Is my .cfg file or something messed up?

---------------------------

On further inspection it seems that my terrain detail is only letting me have a maximum of normal when I change my view distance all the way up to 10 miles. Why is this?? I wish to keep it on high. It's really annoying. The most I can have is 7745 under visibility and still keep the high setting for terain. Why?

Edited by Eroglik

Not even sure where the .cfg file is to be honest, can't see it in the main directory or the temp local folder thing.

Whats your system specs and ingame settings?

I have 2.6ghz dual core, 4gb Ram, 8800gts..

Currently the game settings are all on high, apart from Antialiasing as it's stuck on disabled. My overall settings are on 'veryhigh' in the simple menu which doesn't really make sense, does it?

My view distance is at what I can max it currently because of this wierd problem, which is 7745 and my interface and 3d resolution are at 1280x1024, interface size is at small and my ratio is 5:4 TFT monitor.

If you use Win7 or Vista OS than your CFG files are in \Users\Documents\ArmA 2\ folder