Sign in to follow this  
goldkid80

For gtx 295 users

I installed the patch, but Arma2 doesn't recognize my graphic card fine. I cannot choose VERY HIGH graphic card, and VERY HIGH Texture details. So the graphic looks horrible in game (no good gras details, no uniform of soldiers, vehicles looks bad, etc...) still looking for a working solution :(

My system specs are as follows:

Q6600 @ 2.7 ghz

6gb DDR2 800

Nvidia GTX 295

MSI P6n Diamond 680i SLI

posted under the STEAM section, since that's what version i'm using. OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, latest W7 Drivers. No graphical anomolies besides weird flickering that others seem to get as well, especially on distant trees and grass (like the grass is streaming textures).

I'm trying the crysis64 rename tweak, but steam won't load the game after rename. Really eager to try it too since alot report good fps increase. Right now on high/very high/normal mixture at 1680x1050 or any res really, doesnt make a difference at all, I get 20-30 FPS, but at times it dips really low. Noticed the game uses all 4 cores of my quad as well, showing 90% load at times, only other game to do this is world in conflict so i was impressed. I think the game just needs a ton of tweaks which hopefully won't be needed as patches get introduced.

Regarding the rename thing for any steam users, did you just rename steamapps>common>arma2>arm2.exe change that to crysis64.exe? I did that and the game will not start, steam says try again shortly, even if i try to open it from the arma2 folder directly. Or do i have to copy arma2.exe and then rename?

Ok this thread is alittle disturbing to me.

Im running the GTX295 in win XPP32.. And the problem comes where everyone is benchmarking on 1680 by 1050.. I run a Matrox TrippleHead2Go so i have a resolution of 5040 by 1050. For most games it eats up FPS, but the card being as good as it is can counter that drop and still be great on full spec's.

I got my hands on the Steam demo last night waiting for the release (its going to take a while for hard copys to reach Aust so i hear) and i benchmarked it in game and only returned a 19.. (23 will detail low). So this is very concerning as i have already paid for the game through steam and am commited to a 13 hour download.

Other system spec's are ddr3 1333mhz ram totaling 4 gig (though not all recognised by XPP), XFi fatality sound blaster, 3.16 Core Duo E8500, and Service pack 3... Oh and its a fresh install of everything (only a week and a half old) as i made a new raid on my system drive.

Vista64Bit Sp2

Intel® Core™ i7-965 Extreme 3.2GHz 8MB Cache

1,792 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295 cards in sli

12GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

Sloop sounds like you have the same prob as i had? do u use gtx295 cards in sli, if so sounds like arma wont run properly in sli mode i had very bad textures fps etc. wouldnt load/run properly on one card or with nvidea SLI untill i setup in nhancer, solution is easy install latest drivers for card then download nhancer, create arma profile and set sli from there, your own forced settings or a profile from crisis, (this defo works) -cards run at 82 deg though but still a safe temp me thinks

if somone can point me in the direction of a program to take a screenshot of my nhancer setups ill do so, arma works like a charm for me since i used nhancer, apart from the odd crash to desktop(which is normal i suppose untill the next fixes for arma are released) ass mentioned opening of this tread (i think its been edited) change arma to crisi64.exe, then run the game with the crisis.exe im getting 60fps now on opening screen and in game depending on how busy server is whats happening etc. i get 58 fps looking at sky on domination map Depending on how much is going on AI busy server etc, and 40-42 with all settings vhigh distance max while looking at ground trees etc while moving around, also textures are now loading fast and properly with the screen rez at 2560x1600 - 3D Rez at 100% 2560x1600 - and this is with a badly fragged hardrive 7200rpm, i havnt ran any maxmem comands or xp compatibility

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=360000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=2560;

Resolution_H=1600;

refresh=60;

Render_W=2560;

Render_H=1600;

FSAA=2;

postFX=4;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=213843968;

nonlocalVRAM=213843968; (im not sure the Vram settings are right if somone can give me a pointer please do, im going to reinstall arma with default config file for the moment see how she goes)

-----------------

here is the log showing running the arma exe, then running the renamed and new crysis.exe -

2009-06-29 21:04:39 - arma2

Frames: 1631 - Time: 78373ms - Avg: 20.810 - Min: 2 - Max: 30

2009-07-02 19:41:49 - crysis64

Frames: 3960 - Time: 206830ms - Avg: 19.146 - Min: 0 - Max: 58,

ps im only a newbie so please excuse me if any usless info is here

Edited by A.cain

Guest General Nuisance

Anyone have an up-to-date best-setting configuration for "ArmA 2" GTX 295 users?