Sign in to follow this  
dave317

Pc locking up

Hi guys

I got ARMA2 today the 505 english version, installed it and patched it to 1.02 straight away. After what seems a ramdom amount of time up to about 20 minutes the game will lock up and i have to restart my pc as nothing will work. I have 4gb of ram installed so i tried putting the 'maxmem' line into the shortcut but it still happens. The game plays very well with settings on mostly normal but these crashes make it unplayable. I am so dissapointed as i've been waiting for this for a very long time, any ideas?

AMD 64 x2 6000+

4 gb ram

Geforce 8600 Gt

I also had this lock up issue once with ArmA2 in the editor. Just played a bit in the editor to test out the improvements that come with patch 1.02 but after 15-30 minutes I got a black screen and blocky text messages thus I had to restart the PC. First I thought it was related to an overheating graphics card because of the blocky text messages but I checked the temperature and all was fine.

Never had this problem with 1.01 beta or with the final version of 1.01.

My specs are:

AMD X2 6000+

2GB OCZ RAM

Geforce 8800GTX with 178.13 driver

Windows XP 32bit SP3

Edited by Curry

Sorted it now. Don't know exactly what it was but i've upgraded my graphics card to a 260 GTX and i haven't had a problem since.:yay:

Damn I have the exact same problem. Never happened with 1.0 and 1.01.

This makes the game unplayable!

I've uninstalled my Nvidia graphic driver and reinstalled the latest one after what I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it didn't help.

I'm on XP pro

Asus P5E

Intel core 2 duo 8400 (3.0Ghz)

2 Gb Corssair ddr2 PC 8500

EVGA 9850GTX

Just to let you know I'm having no more freezes since I've added "-maxmem=2048" in my game shortcut properties.