Sign in to follow this  
Payne86

Rain

Hey bis, Is there anyway it the next patch that you make the rain more visable so we can atleast see it. As of now it is barley visable.

You can download a snow storm addon for the winter maps here, just scroll to the bottom of the page. Its cool biggrin.gif

Causes lag on slow computers though. wink.gif

Personally I think the rain is perfect as it is, when I first saw it in the original demo I was very impressed with the effect, most games make the mistake of making rain far too obvious where you can see each individual drop, Opf does a good job of making it look like there's a real "shower" of rain smile.gif

Oh comon Placebo... I can make a better effect in real life, by drawing little dots on a piece of paper and waving it in front of my face!!!

The rain is just horrible in this game... And it always has been. I wouldn't mind it as much, if there were decent sounding THUNDER sounds to go along with it, but it's just nasty. wink.gif

For anybody who's ever played Hidden and Dangerous, and remembers the rain, lightning, and thunder from that, then you know what I'm talking about...

I'd like to see the code re-written for this effect. smile.gif

actualy the rain in this is realy good ..

tho in the day you cant realy see it you have to zoom in a little and look towards the sky to see it ....

but i was playing a night map and it was raining and i was under a street light ... i looked up and man it looked awsome "the rain effect that is"

i think they could make it show a little better during the day tho....

I certainly disagree with placebo but hey hes a moderator you cant expect him to agree with people that dont like certain things within the game... Its ok Placebo we all know and love you and we also secretly know that you hate the rain wink.gif .

At least there should be a fix in the next patch to make the rain more so visible and realistic creating puddles and the like tounge.gif its currently just a sound effect i mean unless u really concentrate you wont notice the rain smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 08 2002,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or the lightning effects from Battlezone  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Those effects are cool, also playing on desert map with thunder and rain tounge.gif

I know, they need to make it so you can the rain hittin the winshild. so we can use wipers. The need it ti be real as possible.(And cool)