Sign in to follow this  
EDcase

Better cockpit viewing

This mainly concerns helicopter piloting.

I don't like using 3rd person view to get situational awareness when piloting as it gives too much freedom and breaks realism.

Can BIS make the lean function work in cockpits so the view can shift to the side and allow the player to see better down and back using freeview.

PLEEEEZ

Sorry I wasn't clear or you read too fast.

I know about freelook (ALT)

For example imagine you are piloting the Cobra and you are landing.

You want to see if there is a tree or object below you.

You press ALT and look left and right but you can't see down because the cockpit is in the way.

If you could lean and move your head left or right (up to the glass) THEN press ALT to look around you would have a much better view bellow and behind the helicopter.

It wouldn't allow you to see directly below but would be ALOT better than it is now.

Thats why he said get TrackIR. With it you can do this. But sure it would be nice ingame and maybe possible with ARMA2. Well see what people with know-how replies.

That's what TrackIR would do if ArmA2 did 6DOF in cockpit (4DOF right now, they might patch it). I would like 6DOF movement to be available for people without spare joystick axes (TrackIR or otherwise) simply by modifier_key+mouse.

As far as landing, you really don't need to look below you. Have a good look at your landing space before you go for it, use the zoom out max FOV command, and keep your eyes on the horizon.

72;1315668']Thats why he said get TrackIR. With it you can do this. But sure it would be nice ingame and maybe possible with ARMA2. Well see what people with know-how replies.

ArmA doesn't support all 6 Degrees of Freedom so NO, TrackIR will make no difference.

As a side note... IT SHOULD HAVE ALL 6 DoF !!!! ;)

Approaching your landing zone from the side and slipping in as you approach can help, too. This doesn't replace the ability to move in the cockpit, though.