Sign in to follow this  
Bad Pilot

Reveal Targets... I don't get it

There's two aspects to this: -

1. Infantry/binoculars - is there any way to manually get a "target spotted" message to come from your mouth?

2. Using locking-on rockets and missiles, I press the Reveal Target button as if my life depended on it. So far, 99% I get nothing and 1% I target a friendly.

Bear in mind I have the German version and haven't been able to read the manual... Also, I couldn't work any of this out in Arma1, which I played for over 2years...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/reveal :

Reveals a unit to a group or another unit.

The knowledge value will be set to the highest level any unit of the revealing side has about the revealed unit. If the revealing side has no knowledge about the revealed unit, the value will be set to 1.

1. Default is probably mb2, which you also use to zoom, I recommend you reasign. Playing coop with voice chat, getting reveal target spammed constantly, annoys me tremendously.

2. Without having ArmA2 I'd guess you lock on with tab.

Edited by Dallas

The link given above is for the scripting command reveal but the key control with the name "Reveal Target" basically does the same thing. By default it's shared with many other controls (lock, optics, breath hold) on right mouse button. For similar reasons I encourage people to rebind it away from that because it's really annoying to have the report radio constantly calling out contacts that everyone already sees in multiplayer just because they right clicked on them to zoom in.

Lock on depends greatly on what rocket/missile system and what target you're using. Specific examples would help us identify problems. Trying to lock a SMAW onto a tank will prove rather fruitless! A Hellfire will only target cycle through known "red" targets but can be manually locked to any "green" or "white" target in the IR radar world.