Sign in to follow this  
Buzzard73

Bitter Chill bugs?

After persevering with the Manhatten bugs and replaying the mission a couple of times (ie end trigger wouldn't work after completing objectives and returning to FOB), I am on the Bitter Chill one.

After being ejected from the NAPA Golf, I managed to find a clearish area where a chopper tried to land (took the tail rotor out with a 203 and boom!) then hightailed it to Gorka, where some guy told me to use the code word "Bitter Chill" at the NAPA camp and all would be good.

At the NAPA camp, I have no option to do so and after calling Shaftoe, I get shot in the back, or get shot during the start of the conversation with the NAPA sniper dude - either way, it's an epic fail everytime.

So, I decided to go to the CDF at the other side of the map and guess what, after stealing cars and running 3km after the fuel ran out (passed several filling stations along the way and of course - not interactive), THERE IS NOBODY THERE!

So, I can't finish the mission at all and even worse, I can't use the endmission cheat cos I have a wolfclaw keyboard and no numpad!!!

I'm kinda happy that the game came out early as at least there is something halfway decent to play but this is barely in beta stage!

Why Bi just didn't release it to the community to beta test and not as a full release, I don't know, but if this was anything other than a piece of software, it would not be allowed into the public domain. Would you be happy buying a new car in this condition??????

They should have had people sign up for the beta and release the individual campaign missions to different people for bug reporting.

Other than the fact it's got more bugs than the CDC, it's a pretty damn fine game! Although I can't imagine the multiplayer side working (other than Co-op) quite like OFP did.

After persevering with the Manhatten bugs and replaying the mission a couple of times (ie end trigger wouldn't work after completing objectives and returning to FOB), I am on the Bitter Chill one.

After being ejected from the NAPA Golf, I managed to find a clearish area where a chopper tried to land (took the tail rotor out with a 203 and boom!) then hightailed it to Gorka, where some guy told me to use the code word "Bitter Chill" at the NAPA camp and all would be good.

At the NAPA camp, I have no option to do so and after calling Shaftoe, I get shot in the back, or get shot during the start of the conversation with the NAPA sniper dude - either way, it's an epic fail everytime.

So, I decided to go to the CDF at the other side of the map and guess what, after stealing cars and running 3km after the fuel ran out (passed several filling stations along the way and of course - not interactive), THERE IS NOBODY THERE!

So, I can't finish the mission at all and even worse, I can't use the endmission cheat cos I have a wolfclaw keyboard and no numpad!!!

I'm kinda happy that the game came out early as at least there is something halfway decent to play but this is barely in beta stage!

Why Bi just didn't release it to the community to beta test and not as a full release, I don't know, but if this was anything other than a piece of software, it would not be allowed into the public domain. Would you be happy buying a new car in this condition??????

They should have had people sign up for the beta and release the individual campaign missions to different people for bug reporting.

Other than the fact it's got more bugs than the CDC, it's a pretty damn fine game! Although I can't imagine the multiplayer side working (other than Co-op) quite like OFP did.

I agree 2 you. The prob is that the gam was released way to erly... and germans are beta testers again like in arma I. If it were not so they would ve released it in all Countrys the same time.. but so we german fools pay the full price and get an beta-game to test.Thats a pitty cuz the game got much potential...I thought after ARMA 1 they wont do it again I was sure to buy a less bu game but I thought wrong... >.<

They leave the golf without a driver and when I say disembark, my personnel says "no can do".

I am stuck there! what can I do?

I did not experience any of the bugs you mention. Therefore, it's either because your ARMA just isn't working right and needs to be shut down/restarted, or it's because of failed triggers, which sometimes seems to happen. Or just restart the mission and I bet all will work better :j: