Sign in to follow this  
twisted

mission after badlands issues

there are a few issues i am finding with the mission after badlands (can't remember its full name but it's

the one where you can control all the squads with hig command for the first time if you choose to

anyway. i have a problem with the AI just spawning in the middle of the towns. i snuck up in the woods to one town and witnessed 2 UAZ's just spawning right there in front of me in fresh air. so i rpg'd them both but got shot by some clever AI hiding away. 2nd try i took the town only to have the bloody UAZ's still spawn right there but this time behind our team and they shot number 2 (which of course ended the mission).

this spawning out of thing air is not very immersive but understandable. doing so in plain view of the player is bad. but doing so in a town i had just captured is horrible and just seems like a bug.

i suggest having the enemy spawn only if further than 1000m from player and out of sight. and especially not in a town the player has just captured.

more realistic back-up/ support options for the AI would be good here. like paradrops. building up forces in a opfor area then moving together into a blufor area.

it is a strange chocie for BIS to have made.

i really am having loads of fun with the campaign - difficult is good in my book that's what makes Arma2 good.

read your thread and yes, as you wrote there are a bunch of better ways for them to incorporate the support option for the AI.

the campaign and mix of play modes is good and very interesting but some refinement is needed at places to make it fully immersive.

Yeah got tht stuff 2. If u come near the capture point then all off a sudden 2 or more uazs are spawning...

tried the mission again. killed the spawning uaz's with rpg fire. run to take control point. and two more UAZ's spwaned out of thing air and killed number 4 this time. that takes a lot of the fun out of clearing an area if 2 more uaz's are just going to spawn right back there appartenly continuously.

Hope this is in Fridays patch as i have stopped playing the campaign - but am now mucking with editor and wow - it's real easy to make some fun fast paced user missions!