Sign in to follow this  
giantsfan24

Any importers in the US getting the game from the UK?

Living in so cal, gogamer.com was always my source for games relased in other countries before NA since they often had many imports available.

In fact, I ordered the 505 version of ARMA1 from them befor the NA version released.

In contacting them, it does not appear they will be getting the game.

Other than steam(which is releasing the game a week later than the UK June 19th date), is there any other importers in the US getting this game by the 19th?

Sprocket does not even show ARMA 2 and the CDWOW shows a release date of 6/26. I find it surprising no one in the us is importing the game by the UK release date, the 19th.

If you think about it, if you imported it yourself from a uk website, it would probably take about a week to get to the US so there would be no advantage UNLESS some retailer in the US received a shipment early for a US import release.

Maybe I'm expecting too much because it was so easy to get the import ARMA 1.

Thanks for the link anyway.

On a personal note, I think BIS is doing a huge disservice to their American fans by not releasing the English version at the same time as the UK version. Guys, we are the biggest market of them all. But there is another thread about this so I won't go any further.

If you really can't wait, you can always buy the download German version now, then patch it with the English patch. But like you said, importing doesn't guarantee getting any faster than simply buying off Steam. And I'm not sure, but some of the UK sites wouldn't export to the US, at least that's what some ppl posted, so to my knowledge most of the US fans are simply waiting for the Steam release on 26th.

Ether way you look at it, this all won't mean a hill of beans in about 3 weeks......... everyone will have it then!!!!!