Sign in to follow this  
Rav_Raven

read content ammobox

Is there any way to read the contents of a ammobox?

Only the initial cargo. As soon some interacted with the ammobox, there is no way to detect the content.

Suspected that.

A real problem for those wishing to create their own dialogue to equip its units ingame.

Hopefully ArmA2 this.

Thanks iOnOs.

You want to replace the gear dialogue with your own when picking up weapons from weaponholder/ammoboxes?

Possible :D

Why? You get the display names of the weapons from the listbox of the gear dialogue.

I'm not sure if you also get the weapon name, but at least the display name.

So you leave the listbox within the dialogue, but hides it. You get the content of the box out of the items of the dialogue.

When you finally want to add the weapon to the player, you use the action command in combination with the nearest weaponholder/ammobox.

Would be some work, but should work. The question is: Would it be worth the effort?

So what do you want to change on the dialogue?

What I am doing is creating a dialog to interact with the soldier's equipment and contents of his backpack and the contents of any vehicle or ammobox or near the ground.

Then, the contents of each container of items is transferred to his own listbox and whith drag and drop can transfer all in the same dialogue.

MLV_mochila_gui-1.jpg

For that reason, I need to read the contents of crates or ammobox nearby. Weapons and Magazines commands are useless and when applied to a ammobox returned an empty string.

If you replace the gear dialog with it, then it should work. But you can only gear up yourself and not other players/foreign ai.

For those, it 'would' be possible to use action "GETWEAPON" to find out how many weapons are in a box. But this method would require a lot of network traffic since you're clearing the box and refill it again.