Sign in to follow this  
Daveyboy1978

Cant Install 1.04 to 1.05

Hi. I have 505 games armed assault and I cant update it on my new computer.

I install the game - no problems, but when it comes to applying the update it says it finds problems in buildings.pbo plants.pbo etc.

Ive uninstalled it, and tried again still the same problem. I reformatted and reinstalled windows xp - same.

Ive reinstalled it on my other computer and applied the updates with no problems.

I have a p5ql pro motherboard - core 2 duo e8400, 2gb ram, xfi soundcard, gtx 280 video card, 2x 1tb sata hdd - not running in raid.

Ive downloaded the update from a few sites and it still comes up saying theres problems with some of the pbos.

I've been able to workaround this by just copying the files from my old computer to this one, but do wonder why it wont update in the 1st place.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated as if I didnt have another computer to copy the files from I wouldnt be able to play online mp.

It might be corrupt installers.

I remember fighting with that update too, long ago.

I then finally found a good mirror for the patch after a while, but it's too long ago to remember where + the link may very well be dead by now.

Now may be a good time to backup your arma folder on some external hd :)

Well I've eventually managed to sort it out. The problem was I had dud memory, replaced it with the ram in my other computer and hey presto.

Fourth lot of naff ram from the company lol