Sign in to follow this  
Focha

Servers permission.

Hi there guys,

What is happening with the servers? I always installed addons and mods and I never get so many problems like now! Servers should be more permissive. They are always asking me for keys and I have those on the folder but they do not accept it plus it says that I have to uninstall some addons I have and use in the /addons folder. What the hell... Why all this things?

I am a bit crazy with this because there are mods here that enhance a lot the immersion like sounds and visual effects.

Regards.

There are a reason for that u know. Havnt we all been playing a server that crashes ?? Havent we all been playing a server where some nerd come in with a cheat that ruins the game. Thats why server admins dont let people use whatever addons thy want. I run a server and it took me a long time to realize that when my server crashed on daily bases, it was infact due to all the different addons that people was using.

After i restricted and only allowed certin addons the server crashes reduced to almost nil. (still happens though). The downside are that a lot of peps wont come to your server as THEIR favorite addon are not allowed.

As Dorph says!

Our public server is set to 'no mods'!

Since getting it a week ago not one crash! (had to change server yet again) crazy_o.gif

But i was monitoring it before we put it to no mods and 95% of the ppl connecting to it were never actually running mods anyway!

It was like 95% of the arma players never even knew what mods were!   huh.gif

I know its a pain using stock sounds etc but from my experience most ppl would rather have a 2/3/4/5 hr game without a crash than having a few mods running then server crash just when the game gets going!  smile_o.gif

-{GOL}- clan server is pretty open for anyone who wishes to join it, the only things you need to play are ACE 1.06 and Queens gambit

Our server has rarely crashed and the only times it does go down is if i turn it off tounge2.gif

hope that helps you find somewhere to play smile_o.gif

I understand the cheaters but there are a few mods that are highly known by the public, like Truemods, HiFi sounds, etc. Those should be permitted. They are only client side so if someone crash is the client. And that's why the reason of the keys.

Maybe 95% of the people were not using mods because they can't. lol

Personally I like ACE a lot but there are not so many servers around Europe. And those that exist doesn't have too many people.

Regards.