Sign in to follow this  
Franz_von_Humboldt

Reporting your position

Hello! I'm new to the squad leader missions and I don't really know how to report my position back to my men after they have requested it. When telling them to fall back into formation they say 'where are you? and the ones far away from me don't know where to find me therefore they won't move.

Thanks in advance

Hit the appropriate function key (F2-F12) and hit "1" twice, which is Return to Formation, and they will rejoin you (unless they get stuck by the ol' mighty clipping issues of OFP).

If your AI get too far away (i think it was ~800m), they become genuinely lost and will stop moving towards your position, even if told to return to formation.

In this case, select the lost units (using the function keys), then tell them to move to a nearby point (click mouse cursor on the ground). When they get back within a couple of hundred metres, tell them to return to formation and they will be able to find their way back. If they don't move towards you, they are probably stuck on/in something or can't find a path.

Yes, but it seems like a workaround. I would like to report my position properly when my squad leader says "6, report status". Similarly, I would like to give my position to teammates when they are lost - the AI reports position all the time, why can't I? And in Arma 2, it seems to be the same case! Why?

I usually go near to lost teammates and find them with help of map.i think it take less time to get togather.

Yes, but it seems like a workaround. I would like to report my position properly when my squad leader says "6, report status". Similarly, I would like to give my position to teammates when they are lost - the AI reports position all the time, why can't I? And in Arma 2, it seems to be the same case! Why?

There's no way to do that. Only the AI can. I don't know why, but assigning them a move command at your position works aswell too, as fasad instructed.

We need a way to do this. And also to report "Engaging", etc. In ArmA 2, that is.

FDF Mod added an 'engaging' option in the 'status' section of the radio menu.

Since you can't report your position properly, if a human squad leader asks me to report status, I just say 'ready', assuming I'm not injured/out of ammunition.