Sign in to follow this  
GenPatton43

"Infinite Loop" Message

This happens on a continuous basis and I am close to my wits end.

First, here are the specs for my PC

AMD Athlon XP 2800+

2.08GHZ

1.25 GB memory

NVIDIA geForce 7600GS card with 512mb RAM

Here is the issue;

Often, whenever I am in the Arma Editor or in game itself, but on the map screen, I will be moving along and than suddenly, everything freezes and stays frozen. I can't alt+tab to another program, I can't cntl+alt+delete to close the game. Nothing, it just completely freezes. And it stays frozen anywhere from 20 seconds to 10 minutes or more. if I hgit the "Esc" key a number of times, usually, the entire PC reboots but before it starts I am flashed, albeit VERY briefly, with a "Blue Screen Error" and in that error it says that my video card became stuck in an "Infinite Loop" and needed to reboot or restore. Which it does.

Now, more often than not, I will immediately go back into the game and the editor and it happens again. Almost immediately.

Here is everything I have tried but nothing seems to correct the issue.

- All drivers are up to date

- I purge my memory daily.

- Registry is scanned daily and all issues are fixed.

- I've reinstalled different version of Arma. ( Arma Combat ops" and "Gold Edition"

-I have tried changing resolutions.

- The NVDIA control panel that my card uses states that the device is working properly.

This is issue seems completely random, I could go on the editor some nights for four hours and nothing happens and than I could go on and it freezes immediately.

I could really use any thoughts or ideas that you guys might have before I put my foot through the PC. lol

I know my machine is not a top of the line PC anymore but it still plays the game itself decently, its mostly in the editor or the in game map screen.

(Also, my apologies if this is a duplicate thread that someone else posted, I searched infinite loop on here and got no hits, so I posted this)

Thank you!

Also, downloaded and tried the ArmA Mark test and got 5.0s across the board. When I went to compare the the scores on the webiste, it didn't find the servor so I guess its closed now?

Or is there another site that I have not seen?

Check Chipset Drivers and what driver do you have installed atm for your Nvidia Card??

I am guessing this is just a new thing not always happened?

Check Chipset Drivers and what driver do you have installed atm for your Nvidia Card??

No, this has happened pretty much since day 1 when I installed the card and that has been almost a year now. I have tried other sites and never got much feedback. PNY also has been of little help.

the drivers are stamped as version 182.08 and its AGP.

Sorry, just to clarify, its been 6 months with this card, but almost a year with the same card type. I even took my previous one back and got a new one. Still does it.

play in window mode , may help to debug if it happens there.

Get the latest DX9c, and are you using 1.14 and or 1.15b version of ARMA? What is your MotherBoard, and can you get into your bios? If you can set your aperture to 256mb... or some larger choice than default 64mb,. Buy another gig of system RAM.

play in window mode , may help to debug if it happens there.

Get the latest DX9c,  and are you using 1.14 and or 1.15b version of ARMA?  What is your MotherBoard, and can you get into your bios? If you can set your aperture to 256mb... or some larger choice than default 64mb,. Buy another gig of system RAM.

OK, thats one thing I have not tried. Thanks.

I have Direct 9.0c and the issues happened with every version. Currently I am running 1.15.

but it happened when I first got the game and than months later I bought the Gold Package to get QG and it still happened there.

Currently, I had other issues with the Gold edition so I am back to the basic Arma Combat Ops with the 1.15 update.

The motherboard itself is the original board that came with the PC, its ASusTek A7NBX-LA

To see the details of the motherboard itself, click link.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf....0006476