Sign in to follow this  
MonsterXXX

Problem with dedicated server

Hi,

I spent hours to creat the dedicated server after luanch the arma server.exe I can see my hostname on the arma mp list and I can joined as well. But my friends thay told me can't join to my dedicated server because "red cross" showing on arma mp list and show error <span style='color:red'>"Bad version, server reject connecting"</span>

Should I reset firewall? If so, how to?I don't know what's happend so can anyones helping?Thanks!

This is arma server.exe parameter

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma_server.exe" -config=server.cfg -netlog -port=2302 -mod=@ACE;@UKF;@DynamicViewdistance

This is server.cfg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname="TW ArmA Server"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password="xxxx"; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin="xxxx"; // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'

reportingIP=""; // This is the default setting. If you change this, your server might not turn up in the public list. Leave empty for private servers

logFile="server_console.log"; // Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")

// It can be several lines, separated by comma

// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={

"", "", "",

"Welcome TW ArmA Server",

"Server Settings: Veteran, Crosshair=off, 3rdPerson=off, MapInfo=off, VoN=off, Voting=33%, PersistentMaps=on",

"",

"",

"",

""

};

motdInterval=3; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

checkfiles[]={ // Checks if these files are equal to the servers files. If one or more is not, player will be kicked from server

"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo",

"dta\data3d.pbo"

};

maxPlayers=30; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

kickDuplicate=0; // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.

verifySignatures=1; // Verifies the players files by checking them with the .bisign signatures. Works properly from 1.08 on

equalModRequired=1; // If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers=1;   // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold=0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN=1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality=0; // Quality from 1 to 10

persistent=1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected=""; // self-explaining

onUserDisconnected="";

doubleIdDetected="";

regularCheck="";

// some ArmA specific stuff - signature verification

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected

onDifferentData=""; // data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

BattlEye=0; //Server to use BattlEye system

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions{

};

This arma.cfg. <span style='color:red'>Should I put this file to server.exe parameter?</span>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=9554.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

MinBandwidth=8192000;

MaxBandwidth=10000000000;

MaxMsgSend=256;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;

MinErrorToSend=0.005;

MaxCustomFileSize=1600000;