Sign in to follow this  
max power

exporting / saving rtm files

I'm having a lot of problems actually making an rtm file.

Trying in o2, I get a lot of errors when I export matrices.  Before the operation begins, a warning opens for every proxy saying 'no coordinate points in *'.  Then it does it's 'perfoming operation' thing once.  Then it new warnings come up for eyelids and mbrow, then it blows up.

So, I tried converting everything to ofp standard using ofpanim.  OFP anim seems to work, but throws errors when I try to 'edit frame': [ResetRelChanges] AnimEntry not found.  Then, when I try to apply changes, it says: [ApplyEdit] Selection not found.

This is about the limit I can take this issue.  I really want appropriate cargo and driver anims for my trabi.  Can anyone help?

edit: I'm using Vista 32 bit.

You need a special model to save rtm files in o2. It was in the first example model pack released by BIS, it is called "BISkeleton". It has a special lod that has the missing coordinates in it. I still haven't figured out how to make a new animation using it, but I can sorta edit existing ones and at least the export/save function works. BTW I've rigged an arma model to work properly in ofpanim, I can't remember if I set up the legs but I could upload it if you want.

Sakura, you're a life saver.  I'm only posing the soliders so they don't crash through each other, so that should be okay for now.  The trabant is just so small that no anims- not even the hatchback ones- will suffice.  Thanks very much for your swift reply.

edit:  Just let me make sure I can figure this out!

edit:  yeah, that did the trick!  Thanks a lot!

edit:  I should say for future people who might search this thread-  when you're attempting to pose the BISkeleton model for an anim, make sure you have 'show local axis' enabled under 'Points\3d Transform'.

I've tried using OFPAnim with a couple of ArmA pbos converted to allow OFPAnim to work for ArmA.  However, none of the body parts are linked or chained.  Thus, each time I try to do an animation, it looks like complete crap AND it takes forever to ensure you've selected all the needed sections.

I have completed a few decently made custom unit animations for OFP, but using it for ArmA is a nightmare...

So is it better to agonize through OFPAnim or use the functions available in Oxygen 2 PE?

If I choose to animate with O2, here are my main questions....

What LOD mode is animation changes supposed to be done, 1.0, Edit 0.00, or Memory LOD?

What is the most effective means to animate each limb and part of the body?  Is it just trial and error of the 3D rotate method or is there a better way in O2?

Actually, using the BISkeleton with O2PE actually was helpful and sufficient enough to work.

It was just the hard part of figuring out the animation tools and functions, not to mention figuring out which LOD of the BISkeleton to use for the animations.  

It was the 1.0 LOD, not the "Edit 0.000" LOD for using with animations on the BISkeleton.

Already in process of working on some animations I'll be needing for a few of my top secret ArmA projects.  Using BIS core animations works well as a base.  Takes a long time to get each time segment right, but got the process down to feeling like a comfortable glove that I like to use.    biggrin_o.gif

The next and more annoying part will be properly configurating them, yay yay...  mad_o.gif