Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

Land area ideas

Hi

I have some ideas about what needs to be put into the geography we're getting.

1. Apparently there are no large islands on the maps I've seen. These are very much needed for special purposes, like how Parvulo on Sarhani map is used by mission designers to store vehicles, perform revive tricks and that sort of thing. A really remote island that nobody will really visit.

2. Also, I guess rivers will be out of the question, but how about carving the island with a wide (enough for AI to nevigate through) fjord going pretty far inland? There appears to be some boats available, but coastal operations can only be so fun. Being attacked from both sides could be fun.

3. Also islands like Rahmadi and Antigua should be put in, i.e. NW and SE of the mainland, with small airstrips and base locations to support some kind of TvT maps, or act as artillery bases with range limitations to certain areas of the map.

4. The island should be properly setup using nnnnnn grid system instead of the current aann system, using 100m and 1km grids instead of 200m and 2km grids. If the markers in ArmAII are as big as in ArmA, it should be possible to zoom much deeper into the map.

It has already been said that there will be a small island were the tutorial will be and the campaign will start.