Sign in to follow this  
nopulse

Enough is enough

*sigh*

Here we go again…..

Yet another thread was made about trashing an admins credibility when the first thread apparently wasn't enough.  I thought everyone agreed that the first thread about this person was enough… Everyone said their beefs and the topic was over…  I guess not….

Firstly, People ITS JUST A GAME.  A GAME, and nothing more.  Why do people get so crazy about this game and attack people’s credibility etc.  I agree it’s an amazing game, but trashing people on public forums and starting new threads about a specific person again is just going too far.  Honestly it doesn’t solve anything.  Everyone has their own opinion and we are entitled to it.  So what does it solve by coming on here saying so and so did this and so and so did that?  Absolutely nothing…..  The person you trash reads it and gets more frustrated and then they post a counter attack about that person and then that person reads it and then they post another post and so on and so….. Its endless…..  And it solves nothing and gets no where….

Secondly, this is just my opinion but if I didn’t like they way an admin treated people on a server I played on, I would simply stop playing there.  Its that simple.  If you have a beef with an admin on a particular server simply stop playing there.  Notify the admin of the particular server and tell THEM, not everyone else.  Posting on a public forum about the admin doesn’t really get anywhere.  It just invites a fight on the public forum where everyone is slinging mud left and right.  Seriously if you don’t like the way an admin is acting on a particular server stop playing there.  There are a lot of other OPF servers on the net.

Thirdly, this post is in NO way against anyone.  You have your opinions and your entitled to them. But please don’t go and post them on a public forum, it gets no where.

Having said that…. Just have fun.  Its JUST A GAME  

5thSFG.No_pulse

So that would make this an irrelevant thread based on an irrelevant thread? :/

Hmmmm I never thought about that. I guess your right tounge.gif

I'm just stating that enough is enough in hopes that people will get the msg about airing dirty laundry on public forums.

Maybe OPF will be made into a successfull soap opera tounge.gif

5thSFG.No_Pulse

I guess you didnt actually read the threads you are referring to. The reasons this thing migrated to a public forum were set forth right at the beginning. Actually most of the real fighting has died down, and we are getting close to closing this thing up. It is just a game, but sometimes things are more than the sum of their parts; when you get competitive about something you run the risk of losing your perspective. By the way, it must be nice up there in that ivory tower, but the truth is, its easy to say "Just turn the other cheek" when its some stranger gettin nailed. I consider it a point of pride to be able to go to the mat for a buddy, and in this case it means arguing via keyboard; so be it. As always, noone is forcing you to read these posts, and besides, if you think a public feud isnt a good topic for a public forum, then obviously all concerned are operating on different wavelengths. If the moderators feel a thread is innapropriate, they will lock it, delete it, or edit it accordingly, thats why they are moderators.

You say that these things dont solve anything? I disagree. Although it was done in a roundabout way, one of the threads you are speaking of uncovered a serious addon problem, and, by the way, cleared a certain squads good reputation.

Finally, I would like to point out that people can say whatever they want, and other people can respond in any way they choose. One form of responding is just not responding at all. Thats right, you can just ignore something completely, if you so desire. Its a recommended way of dealing with forum fights, because, like dogfights, trying to break them up is pretty much useless, and can get you hurt at the same time. I suggest, instead of putting up posts like this, you just let it run its course, or be shelved by moderators, or just join the fray, because, lets face it, a good argument can be just plain fun smile.gif

Anyhow, thats how I feel.

Tex [uSMC],

Actually contrarily to what you stated, I did actually read all the posts.  But what I’m saying was that the posts got way out of context after everyone started slinging mud.

You don’t’ start a post with a known member of the OPF communities name in the subject.  That just invokes a fight, period.  I agree everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.  But when the context of the post gets way out of hand by people pulling every dirty thing they can think of to say about that person is not needed.

What did the posts solve?  Was that particular person the post was about relieved from his or her admin privileges?  No.  It’s that owner of the server(s) right to say who can be an Admin and who can’t, nothing anyone says will change his or her mind.  It’s their server.

But you are missing the point.  If someone has a beef about that Admin on a server, email the owner of the server, or the person directly.  There is no need to air dirty laundry out into a public form.  There was no need to start a 2nd post since the first post got way out of context and nothing (in my opinion) was achieved.  Plus 9 times out of 10 it back fires and makes the person that started the nasty post about someone look worse.  Its childish….. Hypothetically speaking, say you overheard something about your neighbor being impotent or something embarrassing to that nature, do you tell all your other neighbors about your neighbors embarrassing secret?  I wouldn’t.  Its not in my place to do so, or is it anyone else’s.  You see my point?  The whole thread got way out of hand.  People starting pulling out garbage left and right adding fuel to the fire.

But like I said if I had problems with an Admin on any server and I didn’t like the way  they particularly admin’d I would simply stop going to that server.  

Did anyone read what Placebo wrote at the end of the 2nd post after he locked it?

placebo posted: Mar. 03 2002,15:11

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do NOT bring personal squabble onto this forum, if you have a problem between yourselves then how bout you try resolving it like grown ups? Bringing on here will only result in the people involved no longer being allowed on the forums.

If a complaint arises between people that originated on this forum then PM a moderator about it, don't hang your dirty washing out in public for all to see, try to show a modicum of class. <span id='postcolor'>

5thSFG.No_Pulse

Good point Nopulse. Never did really think of it that way. But, still, these sorts of things are more about "He hit me first" than anything else, and theres no real point in trying to reason with it once its started. Either try and prevent it, or just go with the flow. BTW, the admin in question may not have been removed, but I think everyone involved got a better idea of who they were dealing with, and adjusted their actions accordingly.

You guys realize at this point it does not matter who agrees with who...

Stop Posting Non-sense that is not constructive towards this game.

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE!