Sign in to follow this  
whydoyouwanttoknow

Need a total newbie guide to editing

Not one of these fake newbie guides which claim they're for newbies but then make the assumption that you've been the lead programmer for a large PC game developer since the early 1980s, but one that is actually for those of us who don't understand how to do more than place a tank on one side, place a tank on the other and then choose one to gun and shoot the other with biggrin_o.gif

Have you read my guide. Its a extreamly simple step by step guide, i got a load of wack for it though but everyone who was new loved it. But it got shuned somewhere in this fourm let me find it smile_o.gif

And the ones these guys gave me were confusing to me nevermind newbies :P

Is it mission editing or scripting that you want to learn?

How to create a simple mission

Have you read my guide. Its a extreamly simple step by step guide, i got a load of wack for it though but everyone who was new loved it. But it got shuned somewhere in this fourm let me find it smile_o.gif

And the ones these guys gave me were confusing to me nevermind newbies :P

Is it mission editing or scripting that you want to learn?

How to create a simple mission

Both would be nice. I know how to set up waypoints, get people to patrol and stuff like that, but how to get them to do more juicy stuff which seems it needs triggers, etc is beyond me at the moment. Gave it a try a while ago when I first bought the game but found all the guides too advanced for me.