Sign in to follow this  
wika_woo

Unit Sky Dive?..

Hi i was looking for a skydive scrpit on this forum... But NO luck, Maybe i;m not using the right terms...

Does anybody know of a skydiving script other than the HALO jump one?..

Thanks

sorry to be vague....

Just a simple unit (soldier) falling from a sky (with a camera) In a sky diving form...

Can't get any precise than that smile_o.gif

Thanks

G'day Try this post by ManDay it has a HALO script ready to download AAHALO it may be the same as you allready have?

There are a few other scripts out there aswell "Fallschirm.sqs" by Mr-Murray being one.

I have that one already mate smile_o.gif . Thanks for looking into it though thumbs-up.gif

So you want to just spawn a unit in mid-air and w/o a parachute? Since you're still vague  tounge2.gif I would think you could just create a unit up in the air. Just throwing in some script code from the top of my brains...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_testgroup = createGroup West;

"SoldierW" createUnit [[x,y,z], _testgroup];

(_testgroup select 0) setPos [x,y,200];

(_testgroup select 0) exec "camera.sqs";

No idea if this is what you're looking for. But you get a (unsuspecting  smile_o.gif ) skydiver with an attached camera...

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Thanks for the reply and code... Will give it a go .....  thumbs-up.gif

How shall i name the .sqs file so i can run it in the editor?..

You can paste this into an SQS or SQF file. Well, use SQS for now. Name it like "spawnhigh.sqs" or whatever you like.

Then Enter the editor, place a west unit somewhere (otherwise the createGroup West won't work) and put this into the init line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "spawnhigh.sqs"

Mind you: you replace the x,y coordinates with useful values before running the script, obviously. This should work. Maybe I should test it myself smile_o.gif

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

You know what - that just doesn't work. I used this code instead and that did work in a basic way. Same procedure as above to call it.

But the jumper remains in a stand position while dropping down. This would have to be changed probably by "playMove". Anyway, that's all I have time for now - need to finish some other stuff first smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_jumper = _this;

_jumper setPos [getpos _jumper select 0, getpos _jumper select 1,300];

_jumper exec "camera.sqs";

#loop

BIS_Camera setpos [getpos _jumper select 0, getpos _jumper select 1, (getpos _jumper select 2)+4];

~0.01

goto "loop";

lol.. Thanks again mate... Will have a wee go later on smile_o.gif

Yup, I tried it out.. works really well.. ALl i have to do is work some suitable animation for it thumbs-up.gif