Sign in to follow this  
oktane

Linux Server - Server Stability?

I am trying anything to get back server stability. I was just curious if anyone here runs a Linux Dedicated, and if you have frequent crashes?

These are the crashes I am referring to: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=74920 but any frequent crashes would be a problem I suppose.

Before someone suggests: I have tried two separate machines, new installs from different sources, verifying all crc's on all game files with known good files, simplifying config files to virgin, contacting BIS support (seems the messages go to /dev/null). enabling sig checks, no mods, etc.

So any Linux Arma admins around? smile_o.gif If linux is the only way to get a stable server, I'll do it in a second.

The MP community is falling apart and stagnating as it is.. now our servers can't even run for more than 12 hours with 20+ players. I don't remember it being this bad at all with OFP.

Linux dedicated server works fine for me, though it is quite sensitive to mission and addons scripting errors (just watch log files).

Does it often segfault?

How many users do you usually have on?

Is it a public server?

Thanks