Sign in to follow this  
colligpip

Civilians and renegade mode question

You know how if you kill to many civs your side shoot you

does anybody know where i can change the setting for this.

At the moment you have to kill about 10 or 15 civs before it upsets your side I would like to knock it down to about 1 or 2 but i cant see how..... can anybody help.

I tried to do this with a kill trigger that would lower a variable called friendStatus by a small increment, then used setFriend to set the civilian friendliness to friendStatus' level. This looks like it should work on paper, but unfortunately does not work when used in the engine. I am going to try putting the setFriend in a loop that I'll be using for other calculations, instead of in the eventHandler. Maybe that will fix it. Give it a shot, and in the meantime hopefully someone can come on and give a definitive answer about how to solve this.

That's a good solution, but what do you do if you want to keep your teammates on your side? Just a question that's come up in my specific situation, so it probably isn't applicable to everyone.

Just remember that setFriend is local and has to get broadcasted/executed on all computer.

ok thanks for the ideas... anybody got any example missions with this working I could possibly have.

Becoming renegade just means your rating is below a certain value (-6000 if I remember correctly). Use the addRating command to keep your rating above this number, and you'll never become renegade.