Sign in to follow this  

Who else thinks we need 'GetFace' command

I have been wishing for a long time that a command would come out that would get the face number of a particular unit before deleting them for re-spawn later..

I thought maybe others would find this nice to have, as current, there is no way to get a units face setting. In fact, on way to do it is to pre-set their face, then store that number for later usage, which is problematic when facing hundred of deleted and spawned units..

Right now, for my mission I have a hide show system for towns, and have 3 dif skin colored units that are swapping skins with eachother every time they are hidden and then shown again.

I guess Im asking Bis if this would be something easy they could add to the command list for maybe the next update.. I dont know how many people would benefit from it, but I know I sure would smile_o.gif

The storage ain't problematic when you use setVariable because you can look at the unit and not in an array.

But your right, many Get's are missing when scripting.

The storage ain't problematic when you use setVariable because you can look at the unit and not in an array.

But your right, many Get's are missing when scripting.

Wow, thats a nice command there. I never really realized how that works exactly until now. Might have to take a looky at that later on, looks like that could do it smile_o.gif In fact I could even make a random number for the variable for random face selection, and then like u said, just access the variable directly from the unit, no storage needed. Nice smile_o.gif