Sign in to follow this  
zinc

SecuROM

Hi, just a quickie question. Does BIS intent to use SecuROM on Arma 2 ?

I just wondered, because I refuse to purchase games which incorporate invasive DRM technology on my computer, even if they are filled with awesomeness.

- thx.

I was thinking of posting this same topic because I won't buy any game that I'm aware uses SecuROM or Starforce.

If I may quote myself in the Spore topic:

Quote[/b] ]Let this be a lesson to BIS: The best DRM is none. I mean, let's be real. Every game is going to be cracked. Some people download the game and buy it later, though others don't. In Spores case, where EA implemented a very limiting and and infact harmful DRM, most people canceled their legal copies and downloaded it illegal. The sad part is, that Spore was cracked before it's release.

My question is, why even bother wasting money on DRM?  confused_o.gif

I know alot of people had issues with the Sprocket version of Arma, but I liked the fact that it didn't require a CD. It made playing the game much easier because rather than having to search and switch CDs I could just double click on the icon. Maybe I'm just lazy, but that was something I really enjoyed.

DRM is decided by the publisher, not BI. In addition, discussion of copy protection is prohibited on these forums.

Closing.