Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

My Dialog??

Hi..

I suddenly felt the need for a format change.

i wanted to try 16:9 & 16:10 format on the screen.

since my monitor is a 16:9

However.

My dialog is missilng lile 25% on each side in this screen format.

this looks totaly stupid!

i have been going up/down 100 times in my dialog file to check the settings. the main dialog should be set @ x=0 & y=0 which is correct in 4:3 format.

how do i fix this and easy way.?

Your dialog isn't missing anything. When you are in other aspect ratios, you just get "more screen" on which to display your dialogs. So x=0 is no longer the left edge of the screen, rather it is somewhere roughly 25% in as you have found out.

If your dialog were to be automatically stretched across the entire screen, then it would look distorted. Imagine having a triple-head setup, and having the briefing stretched across all three monitors. It just wouldn't look right.

If you are trying to black out / cover the entire screen, then you need to use something like x=-3; w=6, so that you can cater for up to triple-head aspect ratios.

so what you are saying is that.. i basicly need to make one dialog settings fit each aspect. one for 4:3, one for 16:9 and one for 16:10 ?

and select the dialog settings to the acpect which is in use?

if thats the case.. is there a way to return aspect in the settings?

so what you are saying is that.. i basicly need to make one dialog settings fit each aspect.

No, this depends on your dialog. Why do you need different dialogs for each aspect ratio?

If you want your dialog to stretch across the entire screen, then yes you will need this.

An alternative would be to 'blank out' the extra parts of the screen in higher aspect ratios, but keep your functional dialog the same size/shape. For example, look at the mission editor.

But for dialogs that don't take up the entire screen, I don't see why this would be necessary.

Remember: with wide-screen aspect ratios, you actually get "more screen".

So if your dialog was designed using the available screen space on the standard aspect ratio, what are you doing to do with the "extra" screen space? Do you need to use it at all? Do you need to stretch / distort your controls to be wider than normal? Will that look right?

If you want to see what your dialog would look like "stretched" across the entire screen, then change your aspect ratio (on your widescreen monitor) back down to the standard. Your dialog will now be stretched across your wide screen. Chances are, it won't look as good.