Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

Button sounds in dialogs

As it happens I am now creating a mini GUI for my VFAI addon. Actually, I was hoping the dialog would a no-brainer (never looked at Arma dialogs before).

All works fine, but I never hear any button sounds. I was using the default code template from BIS which specifies this for a CT_BUTTON type:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> soundEnter[] = {"\ca\ui\data\sound\mouse2", 0.2, 1};

soundPush[] = {"\ca\ui\data\sound\new1", 0.2, 1};

soundClick[] = {"\ca\ui\data\sound\mouse3", 0.2, 1};

soundEscape[] = {"\ca\ui\data\sound\mouse1", 0.2, 1};

Doesn't work. I looked at other addons (good old Troopmon, EMSI_UAV_management) that use the same code templates, same effect, no button sounds. Then I tried custom sounds (wss and ogg) using different syntactial methods including hyphens and no hyphens:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soundEnter[] = {"\testaddon\snd\on.wss", 1, 1};

soundEnter[] = {"\testaddon\snd\on.ogg", 1, 1};

soundEnter[] = {"\testaddon\snd\on", 1, 1};

No luck either. Any hot tips to make the GUI responsive in terms of sound? I presume I don't need to define CfgSound classes in the config.cpp in order to use these right?

Thanks,

VictorFarbau

So you use RscButton as a base class for your buttons and still no sound?

Hi Q,

well, now I do  smile_o.gif Alas, same difference confused_o.gif

Being a good boy I import

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class RscButton {}; in my config.cpp.

EDIT: well assuming that RscButton is a valid parent class of ARMA already...? I did not care about inheritance optimization so far either. But I want SOUND smile_o.gif/EDIT

My example button looks like this now

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class option1: RscButton {

idc = -1;

type = CT_BUTTON;

style = ST_CENTER;

x = (vfaictlx + 0.01); y = (vfaictly + (vfaictldist*2));

w = ((vfaictlw/2) - 0.02); h = 0.035;

font = FontM;

sizeEx = 0.024;

colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorFocused[] = {0,0.8,0,0.5};   // border color for focused state

colorDisabled[] = { 0, 0, 1, 0.7 };   // text color for disabled state

colorBackground[] = { 1, 1, 1, 0.1 };

colorBackgroundDisabled[] = { 1, 1, 1, 0.5 };   // background color for disabled state

colorBackgroundActive[] = { 1, 1, 1, 0.5 };   // background color for active state

offsetX = 0.003;

offsetY = 0.003;

offsetPressedX = 0.002;

offsetPressedY = 0.002;

colorShadow[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

colorBorder[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

borderSize = 0;

soundEnter[] = {"\ca\ui\data\sound\mouse2", 0.15, 1};

soundPush[] = {"\ca\ui\data\sound\new1", 0.15, 1};

soundClick[] = {"\ca\ui\data\sound\mouse3", 0.15, 1};

soundEscape[] = {"\ca\ui\data\sound\mouse1", 0.15, 1};

action = "dummy = [] execVM ""\VFAI_ControlPanel\function\enable_eqai.sqf"";";

text = "Enable Equipment.AI";

};

It all works and displays fine but no sound whatsoever. Actually, I was looking at many different examples using dialogs. They all seem to be based on the BIS example - and none of them has any sound, regardless if I reference Arma engine sounds or my own.

Needless to say the same sounds work fine in the editor when used in a description.ext "CfgSounds" section.

Have you come across any dialog that produces any sound by chance? I'd really be eager to study the config.cpp of that one then. All the ones I could find are silent.

Thanks,

VictorFarbau

Can you please post the whole config in http://pastebin.com/.

Inheritance should look like this:

Quote[/b] ]class RscButton;

With pleasure: http://pastebin.com/m68cf3e2f

Don't take that "class RscDialog {};" too serious, I have tried without before with the same result. Something is just fundamentally wrong. Also, arma.rpt reveals no hidden quirks as I see it.

Thanks,

Victor

I did the CWR UI with working sound afaik. Can't remember that I did anything special to get the sound working.

I'll have a look at the CWR mod rightaway, thanks T_D. EDIT: was I too fast? Seems like the mod has not been released yet.

The quest continues whistle.gif

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Solved. Using the CWR demo and my headphones I could hear some very remote dialog sounds. I have a hunch that something screwed up my volume levels (probably some recent BSOD I had when playing Arma). I had to remove my Arma.cfg file and move all volume sliders down and up again. After this "reset" I hear all the sounds fine now. So my fault, solved. Has only cost me hours of troubleshooting. Thanks for the support though, appreciated biggrin_o.gif

Cheers,

VictorFarbau