Sign in to follow this  
stingfish74

Animations - slow down

working on my first addon, and i can't find where to slow down the walking animation when the rifle is raised. can anyone point me in the right direction?

my goal is to slow the speed of the unit when walking in this position.

thanks!

I believe someone recently released an AddOn that decreases or increases(I can't recall which atm) a few movements while engaging. At least I think that's what it does.

I apologize for such a vague and fairly useless post but I'm having difficulties remembering where I saw this AddOn and also where I DL'd it. I'll see if I can find it and let you know. The author of said AddOn can probably help you out.

EDIT:

The SLX Mod slows down certain animation(i.e. loading/reloading) so possibly Solus may be able to lend some insight.

EDIT 2:

Of course, it's in the TrueGameplay Mod. I'm not sure if this will be of any help but you may want to check out the info in his first post:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....83;st=0

pertect steering, many thanks! im looking at the turegame mod now and see the movement pbo there, it should be helpful.

again, many thanks!

You may also want to look into: PROPER Animations Fast Forward Transition

Its purpose was to speed various things up, but I was able to tweak it a bit to slow various things down (mostly jog and sprint).  It's possible you'd be able to get at what you are after as well.

Good luck with it. smile_o.gif

AH! I still can't find it. will someone please help me.

my goal is to SLOW down the walking animation when rifle is raised, but looking at the anim list on wiki, i see the animation but when i change the value nothing happens.

ive tried editing truemod and propers to make it work, but no success.

what is the best way for me to slow down the walking animation when rifle is raised?

Let's back up just a little bit here to make sure you are on the right track. smile_o.gif

Step one is to write a simple script to detect the exact  animation state you want to modify the speed of.  Use a loop that detects the animation state of the player like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#Loop

_aminState = animationState player

hint format ["_animState: %1", _aminState]

~0.1

goto "Loop"

Record the various animation states you wish to modify the speed of.

[Keep in mind you may need to modify the speed of several anim states to get the desired result for what you preceive visually as one anim state ingame.  This is because in certain cases two seperate anim state codes often appear identical visually ingame.  (i.e. gun lowered or raised appears with certain codes does not translate visually.)  I did a detailed mapping of the ArmA anim system some time ago when adjusting animation speeds.]

Next, in the config, modify the "speed" value for the desired animation states.

Always use your animation state detection script when testing out your results.  Setting animation speeds to the desired values is often a matter of trial and error.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. smile_o.gif

I just recently went through a huge learning process getting animation speeds adjusted (and finally all the animation transitions fixed) and I wouldn't want to see anyone else have to go through that!  I am very busy currently RL-wise though, but I'll try to check your thread at least once a day for the next several days until you get it sorted.  I recall how frusterating it was for me. tounge2.gif

perfect, the script works like a charm. THANK YOU

now i know the animations to edit. but... what pbo are they located in AND the lower the # the slower the animation?

Good deal.  Yes, the lower the number the slower the speed.  Usually, you'll want to preserve the original BIS value and simply use a multiplier on it.  So, for example, if the original BIS setting is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">speed = 1.2

you might try:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">speed = 1.2 * 0.8

and then fine tune it from there.

Keeping the original BIS values in place and using multipliers on then just helps keep everything straight.

Also, if you are modifying several animation states that will share the same speed value multiplier, you can use a #define at the beginning so you only have to change the value once, thus saving you huge amounts of time.

As far as the which PBO goes, I can tell you exactly which one once I get home from work (just got here), but in the mean time check out the TrueGameplay Mod PBO that lowers all the speeds.  Use that as a model for your own.  Yours will probably be around 3-5% as much code as that one has in it.

Good luck. smile_o.gif

dude, you are the man! many many thanks. thanks to you ive finally got it working perfectly.

thanks again for all your help on this.

No problem at all, just glad I saw your query and could help!

I recently spent literally something like twenty hours myself figuring out how to make similar adjustments (I was just starting out with addons).  It would be criminal for me not to help others like you along through it.

Good to know you got it working. smile_o.gif