Sign in to follow this  
Pirate Mayor

I have a question!

Remember back to good old Op-Flash, and when ever you ended you mission, you got something like a "Combat Report" where it showed all your kills and who died in your squad? I was just wondering if ArmA had that at all, and if it doesn't, if it could be added? In an addon maybe? Any help would be appreciated.

In ArmA, and OFP off course, it`s about fulfill the mission and survive it, not kill as many as you can.

Therefore there is no need, to count how many enemy's were killed by the player. There were those entry's in the combat reports of OFP, but i don`t really took care about how many i´ve killed in an mission, because you don`t need to kill as many as you can.

It may be interesting for online sessions, but there the kill counter is present.

This is true, but I always thought the kill counter added depth to the whole mission, also seeing how many of my squad members died would also help, since I like to make a lot of missions in the editor. If i knew, it may help me a little.

In ArmA, and OFP off course, it`s about fulfill the mission and survive it, not kill as many as you can.

Therefore there is no need, to count how many enemy's were killed by the player. There were those entry's in the combat reports of OFP, but i don`t really took care about how many i´ve killed in an mission, because you don`t need to kill as many as you can.

It may be interesting for online sessions, but there the kill counter is present.

I always tried to reach the max. number of points, whatever it took to do so.

But this way you dunno if you've mistakenly done a blue-on-blue, aka friendly fire.

In OpF's single mission "Battlefields" with the Y2K3 mod I was very surprised I've accidentally killed one of my guys in the heat of the battle. Knowing the number of enemies I've gunned down may not be important, but I do think it's relevant to acknowledge mistakes from my side.

If I don't recall wrongly, years back in OpF's campaign I haven't killed many yet have finished two consecutive missions, but I've been reported to Colonel Blake because of my way of fighting and the game ended there. I may be wrong though. If anyone else can please confirm or vitiate this...

I think options to disable kill messages apart from friendly fire would be ideal for some situations. There were some great instances in OFP where you couldn't tell if a friendly fighting nearby had been killed - you'd end up still trying to get messages across without knowing. Made the battle pretty gritty.