Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

brightness of the sun

i want to know, if it is possible to increase the brightness of the sun. this is for a desertic map.

thx in advance

I don't know if you can modify the sun brigthness, but maybe you can help by setting specific values in your island config for :.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

latitude=...;

longitude=...;

By example

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

latitude=17.30869;

longitude=9.22852;

Is the middle of the Niger, somewhere really hot and desertic, and may help your map in regard to sun position, if not brightness.

another possibility would be to find what is the sun p3d model in your Data3D.pbo , and maybe resize it so it is bigger and include it as a "building" in your island (to avoid forcing the sun replacement in the Data3D.pbo) ?

thx, i'm going to try changing the cpp; i will tell you if that works. wink_o.gif

btw, could you explain, what is "forecast weather"?

I believe by editing those .cpp settings you can setup what are the default weather/fog/etc... for when you load your island in the mission editor :

ofpeditorinteldx8.jpg

oh! ok.

well I have changed the cpp, and i don't see a real change. As i use ECP, i'm going to add my island in the ECP island_settings. maybe, it will be good.