Sign in to follow this  
Richklink

Restrict the vote client Admin login

Hi,

I apologise if this is ion the wrong place or if it has been asked before, I didn't find it in a search.....

Is there a way of restricting the Admin login of a client without the admin password? I see an option in the server.cfg for the ability to vote maps and the admin password, but nothing to stop a player from getting voted in.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance. smile_o.gif

Yeah you make the Vote something stupid so its impossible to vote a player as admin.

'Scuse my ignorance and pure noob like approach to this...but how? huh.gif

So...what about the ability to vote for mssions? Does this also mean it revokes that right too?

At present the server.cfg looks like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">voteMissionPlayers=1;

voteThreshold=1.20;

I don't want them to log in as admin but they should be able to vote missions...

Thank you

So...what about the ability to vote for mssions?  Does this also mean it revokes that right too?

Yes:

voteThreshold=0.33; = // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

There is no way to seperate voting admin from voting for missions. Sad but true. You either have no voting or voting for everything.

Ah well that sucks, hopefully there will be more options in ArmA2.

Thanks for your input, guys smile_o.gif