Sign in to follow this  
mike34

mission(engine) not detecting any .sqs

Hey guys. I am using Vista. I read the other post about installing "ofp" to a differant folder then program files. I did that and now all of the mission folders are installed in the users/mike/missions folder where they should be complete with the .sqm. But when I add a .sqs notepad the engine cant find it.

Are you saving the files with a .sqs.txt ending? Don't do that.

Configure the Windows File Explorer to show also file extensions.

If that's not your problem, then I don't know what it could be.

I place the notepad file in the mission folder next to the .sqm. I leave it as whatever.sqs.

Answer this question: are you absolutely sure that the filename does not end with .sqs.txt

?

This topic will not proceed until that is crystal clear. I'm sorry but we do need to know that as it is by far the first thing that causes these kinds of problems. From your posts it is not clear if you actually know what I am talking about of the file extension. Filename extension... so what is it? smile_o.gif

As for removedead.sqs That is how that is how the file is set. the file in question is a notepad format.

if you mean "hide extentions for known file types". That is not checked.

if you mean "hide extentions for known file types". That is not checked.

Yes I meant that.

Then I don't know what could be wrong.

Double and triple check that there are no typos.

Also one, although unlikely, possibility is that your computer is set up to treat filenames case-sensitively. Although I don't know if that affects OFP. But as it's a possibility, better eliminate it too.

One thing you could do would be to un-pbo an original (made by BIS) mission which has script files into the users/mike/missions folder and try to load that mission into the mission editor and see if it works. If it does work, then we know that you are screwing up by yourself at some point when creating your own mission.