Sign in to follow this  
Comrade12

Audio option Help

Hi I have a werid problem. I cant get EAX or hardw to become enabled in the audio options. I click on them and nothing happens. I even tried manually doing it from Users. That didnt work.

I got new speakers recently maybe thats it. But I unplugged them and went back to the normal ones and it still dosnt want to work. confused_o.gif

Anybody have a clue? sad_o.gif

What sound hardware do you use, and what drivers?

The plugged in speakers does not matter, if you have an sound card that supports hardware acceleration and EAX, and proper drivers are installed it should work.

Realtek High definition audio 6.0.1.5548

The drivers are up to date.

u need a real dedicated Sound card to be able to enable Hardware sound ingame I even tested my laptop that has a realtek hd audio soundcard (onboard) and there was no way I could enable it

Eax and hardware acceleration use to work. Sometimes I could only turn one on at a time. Could I try different drivers?

Or should I get another sound card? thanxs

Eax and hardware acceleration use to work. Sometimes I could only turn one on at a time. Could I try different drivers?

Or should I get another sound card? thanxs

Are you sure that turning on these options actually made any difference to either the sound or framerate?

As I understand it, HW acceleration will not change anything on codec based sound, since there is no hardware to do any accelerating (your CPU is processing sounds)

EAX is a feature of Creative sound cards, with X-Fi cards supporting EAX 5. Realtek codecs support EAX 1 and 2(?), but reportedly poorly. In my experience, EAX is best left off in ArmA anyway, even on an X-Fi card!

I think I have 64bit. I remembered when it did work.

When I would turn on hardware acceleration the sounds would sound cleaner and would be more precise.

The only draw back was that some sounds wouldnt be heard as good. I think EAX makes sounds become distorted when like a tank is behind a building or around a hill.

Is it possible to just change my sound drivers?

I would do it right now but, I cant backup my drivers because the download servers at realtek dont work!

They need to fix that.